We Dare Them

Soon after we discovered Eren being a Titan, we were surrounded by the Garrison regiment and, can you believe it? I mean, who the hell would've thought that Kitz Woerman, an old buddy of my father, had to take part in this cornering, just because he was a coward? From the look of things, he wants to take down Eren and guess what? I'm not gonna let that happen.

"Eren Jaeger! Mikasa Ackerman! Sergeant (Y/N) (L/N)! And Armin Arlert! The four of you have committed an act of high treason!"

What the shit is he talking about?

While I thought that, Kitz kept talking. "Any attempt to move while you stand now! Anything I deem suspicious will be met with cannon fire! Do NOT test me! Answer carefully!" All of us were shocked but I was pissed off. I know that Eren had no control of himself as a Titan, but he wasn't in on the attack of Trost. He just didn't know that it would come to this: people finding out what happened.

Right now, I wish my father was still here so he could yell into Woerman's ear, "That is my son and his friends, they didn't do anything wrong you dumb fucking Jerry!"

(A/N: "Jerry" is actually a derogatory term for German people and I mean no disrespect towards anyone from Germany, this is only for the book and not meant to be racist. Also, Isayama's characters have German names so why not use that term but only to have some comic relief?)

I wanted to get everyone out of here because if they fire onto us after Eren gives the wrong answer, they'd kill us.

"Hey Woerman!" He was surprised to see me and he was gonna cut me off, but I was faster on the draw. "You obviously think that Eren's a threat to humanity just because you're a coward! You don't want to admit it because he was able to take down at least a dozen titans before we made it to HQ! Whereas you and your friends, you fucked us out of living and acted as a millennial little bitch, yeah!"

He was furious, but I kept talking. "Eren is not the enemy. The enemy is out there..." I saw Woerman talking to his friend who had short white hair and oval shaped glasses about something but I had to call it out. "He's the one— HEY! You look at me when I'm talking to you, or we're gonna straighten this out right now!"

Woerman looked at me with fear because I had him where I wanted, but I'm looking to finish this...

"Eren is human, but you see him differently just because you felt like it! If you can't open your eyes, then I don't know what to tell you. Woerman, if my dad was here, he'd beat your ass harder than the kick at Wall Maria!"

Then, Woerman got furious again and raised his hand.

My friends:

I went to Armin, Mikasa, and Eren and just the cannon fired, he protected us from that cannonball by having the Titan hold it in its hand.

That was close. I thought we were gonna die. I had to ask if everyone was alright and they seemed like it but Armin spotted something. "We're those flowers there before?" I didn't even notice those flowers, he's right!

After Eren jumped out the Titan, he checked on us, but I made sure I checked on everyone. Armin and Mikasa were okay, but after a bit, Eren was having a nosebleed. I took out a handkerchief and gave it to Eren, who was thankful about that, but he was telling us that he has to return to Shinganshina since his father had the secrets to the Titans the whole time, and it sounded like Woerman wasn't done.

Eren then had this bat-shit crazy idea about Armin trying to convince the Garrison regiment. He decided to try and run out from the steam. When he ran out, Woerman was still as stubborn as he always is. "Is this supposed to be your true form, monster? I don't buy it! I'll give the signal to fire, I mean it!" That's when Armin had to speak up. "Eren is not a foe to humanity! We're willing to cooperate with Military Command and share everything we've learned about his powers!"

"Your pleas fall on deaf ears! He revealed his true form, and because of that threat, he cannot leave here alive! If you insist that he's not an enemy of ours, show me proof! Otherwise, we'll blast him back to whatever nightmare he crawled out of!" "You don't need any proof!" What Armin said is true because that's why, "The fact of the matter is it doesn't matter what we perceive him to be!"

Woerman had to ask what Armin meant, but this little blonde bastard kept it coming! "The reports say hundreds of soldiers saw him. And those who were there say they saw him fighting other Titans! And that means they saw him get swarmed by the Titans as well. To put it plainly, the Titans saw him the same way they see each and every human being: their prey! And it doesn't matter how else you may look at it! That is an irrefutable fact!"

Damn, Armin nailed it and he was bringing in facts until there were no more facts to mention, but Woerman just wouldn't shut the fuck up and take everything into consideration. He was just blinded by fear so much that he ordered everyone to prepare to attack us!

From the look of it, it's hopeless. He's letting logic give way to hysteria and he's too frightened to think it through. I had to grab my swords, put them in my sheath, and walk beside Armin, letting him not be alone in this. He and I looked at each other and did our salutes before I yelled out, "We are soldiers! And we have dedicated our hearts to the restoration of humanity, sir! Nothing could make us prouder than dying for such a noble cause! If all of us were to use his Titan ability and combine it with the manpower we have left, we believe we can do it! We can retake this city! For humanity's glory, in what little time we have left, WE WILL ADVOCATE HIS STRATEGIC VALUE!"

Everyone was amazed by what we were doing and I wasn't taking Arlin's spotlight. I just wanted to make sure that he isn't the only one who felt the same way, but of course, Woerman didn't want to hear it because just as he raised his arm, he commanded the cannon to fire, but someone stopped him!

I looked closely and I saw that COMMANDER PYXIS was holding him back! "Can you not see those soldiers' heartfelt salute? I've only just arrived, but I'm quite aware of our situation. Gather our reinforcements. I think we could at least do these young soldiers the favor of hearing them out."

That made Armin so happy that Pyxis had to step in. I've heard about this guy and he's so fucking unique that the only way he'd die is when gets eaten by a Titan who looks like a sexy lady! Who thinks of that!

While we were relieved of that false attack, I saw Mikasa happy about the fact that we weren't killed at all. I had to see her because when I checked on her, she just sat down in exhaustion. I don't blame her, feeling so much tension was making her tired, so I gave her my water pouch and she drank it so fast!

Let's hope that the plan to take back Trost is a good one and it's thought up by Armin, who is such a fucking smart kid that he would keep this up with ideas and whatnot.

(A/N: Tell me what you guys think of this update! Sorry I had a lot on my plate, but hey, I managed to get a chapter out! I'll try to write more when I can, but for now, I'll see you later!)