Losses And Gains

As I was with my three new best friends at the town square inside Wall Rose, we shared our stories as we try to cope one another. When I heard Eren's mother getting eaten by a Titan, I was heartbroken because I went through same thing, but a piece of that goddamn gate was what killed her as a Titan ate my father. I listened to their stories as I was quiet and trying to help them.

"Wow. I didn't know. I'm so sorry about your mom, Eren", I said. "Thanks, (Y/N). What happened to you?" I told them that my parents were killed in the attack. My mom was crushed and my father was eaten by a Titan while my pot-headed brother grabbed me and escaped to the boats. When I told them what happened, their eyes softened and actually hugged me to the point that I was cheered up.

"Are you serious? We gotta give our food to stowaways?" Hearing this from a Garrison soldier made my blood boil. I was so pissed off that I just wanted to kick their asses. "Might as well", the other soldier said. "Keep fattening up! The titans would like a little meat on your bones!" The first soldier than said, "Keep giving them our food! The more fatter you are the more delicious you'll be!"

That was my breaking point. I walked over to give them a lesson. "What do you want, kid? Do you want something?" I kicked the first soldier in the balls as the other watched in anger. He ran at me, and I took him down with a kitchen-sink, a stomp to his head, and nearly broke his arm when raised up his arm to the point he wanted to get up, and I stomped on the elbow to separate the arm from the shoulder's socket. It had to hurt, but by then, I didn't care. I then kicked him in the face for good measure as I held the first soldier in a chokehold. As held him in it, I started to speak with emotion.

"You have no idea how deep you're getting under my skin. You don't give a fuck about anyone but yourselves. And you don't give a fuck if you're here right now. You'd rather insult every refugee here, including yours truly, than feel compassion to those who lost wives, husbands, mothers, fathers, brothers, and sisters. You don't know what it's like to have your mother crushed and your dad being Titan food! This is our way of life and if you waste it, that means you're a fucking asshole! Once I release this hold, you will apologize and confess to everyone around you that you're a coward and you were wrong about us!"

The soldier finally tapped as I released him and he started gasping for air. "Say it, assholes," I said.
"We're sorry", the soldier said.
"Louder!" I yelled with tears in my eyes.
"WE'RE SORRY!"
"And you are?"
"WE ARE COWARDS AND WE WERE WRONG ABOUT ALL OF YOU!"
I kicked him in the gut and said, "That's what I figured."

I walked away, knowing what I did was wrong, but it felt good to actually vent and take out my frustration about what happened at our home. As I was walking back to my three friends I heard voices from the crowd.

"That kid needs to be a soldier!"

"He stood up for us! If he were my grandson, I'd be so proud!"

Some people in the crowd actually applauded and cheered for me, which is something I don't want but it's great to actually stand up for my people who were being treated like shit. Among them was Harri. "Hey, (Y/N). That was something." "Thanks man." I replied. I then felt a light slap to the back of my head from my brother. He said, "And don't think I didn't hear you cursing. I'm letting you off, but don't curse until you're old enough". He and I laughed until I started to tear up, thinking about my parents. He hugged me so tight that he's trying to mute his own sobs.