Graduation Night

It was Graduation night.

All 75 cadets were at attention while 10 were in the front. As I stood at the podium, I saw Armin in the back. I was disappointed that he wasn't in the top 10, but I'm glad he graduated.

Keith looked at me and said, "(Y/N), would you like to do the honors?" I smirked and said, "With pleasure."

I walked onto the stage and said, "Do you have heart?!" "All of them yell out, "Sir!" "As of this moment, you have three choices so choose wisely: the Garrison Regiment, whose job is to reinforce the Walls! The Scout Regiment, whose job is to ride into Titan country and take back what was once ours! And lastly, the Military Police Regiment, whose job is to maintain law and order in his royal majesty! Those cadets who are eligible for choosing have already been selected! Here are the following:

1. Mikasa Ackerman
2. Reiner Braun
3. Bertolt Hoover
4. Annie Leonhart
5. Eren Jaeger
6. Jean Kirstein
7. Marco Bodt
8. Conny Springer
9. Sasha Brouse
10. Krista Lenz

These are the top 10 of your class! The rest of you choose wisely, because your decision will be final and there will be nothing you can do about it! All of you dismissed! It's your last night as recruits. I suggest you celebrate it the best you could."

All of them were walking away to the tavern. I was too. All until Sadies stopped me. "(Y/N)." "Yes, Keith?" "I got something for you. Here." What he gave me shook me to my core. It was HIS Scout Regiment cloak. I couldn't accept it. I had to decline. "Keith. I can't accept this. This is yours." "No, son. This is for you. You've grown into a young man I'd never thought I would see. You worked hard. You earned it, young man."

I started having tears run down my face. He pulled me into a hug and I had to return it.

After a while, he released and said, "Happy birthday, son. Go to your friends. Dismissed." "Thank-you, Keith." I shook his hand and went on my way.

I went into the tavern, wearing the cloak Keith he wore and now gave me. As I walked in, the lights went up and everyone surprised me with a "happy birthday!"! It was unexpected! I was shook to my core! Even some recruits, no, SOLDIERS were celebrating my birthday. "You call this celebrating?"

They cheered, putting their mugs of water in the air as I did too. I was proud of them, but I was humbled as well.

"(Y/N)?" I see Krista coming up to me with a hug. "Krista? Why hug me?" "Because it's your birthday and I have a present for you." "And what's that?" "This." She leaned over and gave me a KISS on my left cheek. It was unexpected as everyone was cheering. "Enjoy it birthday boy."

Krista walked away with a smile and a wink as I was feeling my cheek. I looked a couple feet away and I saw that Mikasa was a little jealous, but I didn't care.

Eren stormed out and it just reminded me that my parents were dead. When I saw him sob, I started crying. Everyone took notice and actually comforted me, my Mikasa. She hugged me as I was trying to control my sobs. "(Y/N). What's wrong?" Mikasa asked. "Those titans killed my parents. I'm gonna make those sons of a bitches pay!"

"I'm with you." Conny said. "So am I." I turned to see Jean standing in front of me. "Why should I trust you, Jean?" "Because you made wanna join the Scouts. I may not like you, but I wanna join you in taking down the titans." "Yeah? Prove it." I stuck out my hand and Horseface looked at it. "My mother said I don't shake hands with assholes." "That's not what she said last night."

Everyone was oohing at my little joke. Jean finally shook my hand and said, "I hope you take that back." "Yeah, yeah." I muttered, "Schmuck" under my breath as Jean walked away.

After the party, Mikasa dragged me to the outside to where Eren was sitting on the step. "Nice speech you gave in there." Eren sighed and said, "It was nothing." "I'm going with you." Eren looked up at Mikasa and I. We looked at each other and blushed. "Why are you two red?" "I don't know what you're talking about Eren!"

It was true, we did look at each other but the thing is, I had feelings for Mikasa and I didn't know if she'd feel the same.

Mikasa told Eren that the only reason she was coming with her is that she lost a family and he's the only family she has left. I can't blame her.

After a talk with Eren, Mikasa, and Armin, I had to go back to the place where Shadis was. During my sleep, I had a dream about Mikasa and I becoming a couple, but a nightmare happened.