Chapter 28 - A Welcome Development

07:30:00 am

Azur Lane headquarters, Azur Lane island.

Lt. Cdr. Andrea W. Sanders' office.

A submarine girl decides to walk through the hallways of Azur Lane headquarters. Her purpose of her unexpected visit is to divulge a new development in the disappearance of Capt. Fernandez. Her report would certainly elate the base commander. And she will immediately relay it to Pres. Mullins who hasn't lost hope that his most trusted secret service agent is still alive. The three submarine girls are greeted by two Royal Navy ship girls as they walk by.

????: Good morning Dace.

????: Good morning Miss Dace.

Dace: Good morning too Miss Wales, Miss Hood.

Wales: It's quite unusual for you to come to headquarters at this time of the day.

Hood: It seems that you're on an urgent official business here.

Dace: Yes miladies. I have a very good reason to come here this early.

Wales: Does it have to do with a missing American pilot?

Dace: Yes it does. I saw the whole thing that happened before and after he crashed. If you will excuse me. I have to report to Cdr. Sanders.

Hood: You may proceed then. If you are finished with your report. Please join us for some tea and biscuits at the veranda facing the beach.

Dace: I would love to.

Wales and Hood get out of headquarters and head straight to the country club on the other side of the island base. Dace continues walking until she finally reaches Cdr. Sanders' office. She stops and breathes in and exhales loudly. Then she knocks on the door gently.

Lt. Cdr. Sanders: (Currently doing some paperwork.) Come in!

Dace: Good morning commander.

Lt. Cdr. Sanders: Good morning too Dace. What can I do for you?

Dace: I have something important to tell you ma'am.

Lt. Cdr. Sanders: What is it all about?

Dace: It regards to the American pilot that we are asked to search and retrieve by the president.

Lt. Cdr. Sanders: (Nearly falling off her chair.) What?!! But I never assigned you to search and retrieval duties. How did you know about that?

Dace: Because I saw the whole thing as it happened.

Lt. Cdr. Sanders: Alright. Tell me what happened during that time.

Dace: I was on my way back to headquarters when I saw an unusual object sailing underwater. Then it surfaced temporarily.

Lt. Cdr. Sanders: Go on. Tell me more.

Dace: The object is definitely a submarine bigger than my original form. As soon as it surfaced. It fired purple plasma beams into the sky at an unknown target. Then I saw a minor explosion in the air. Afterwards an aircraft is rapidly descending towards the ocean.

Lt. Cdr. Sanders: Anything unusual after that?

Dace: As soon as it crashed two Sirens get out of the submarine and pull out the unconscious pilot out of his aircraft.