22. sorry, brother.

-

ACT ONE
(sorry, brother)

    VERONÍCA SILENTLY sat beside Glenn. The execution was currently taking place, so it didn't feel right for anyone to talk. That's why everyone was silent.

The silence wasn't uncomfortable, yet it wasn't comfortable either. It was uncomfortable enough for Veroníca to want to get far away from the group.

So as she stood up, she glanced around for a moment looking for Rory. A frown came over her face as he realized he wasn't anywhere in sight.

She continued looking around, eventually catching the attention of Glenn. He looked up at the woman from his spot as he whispered. "What's wrong, Ronnie?"

"Nothing.. Have you seen Rory?"

Glenn shook his head, also glancing around before ultimately standing up. "I'll look over there, you can look inside?" Glenn suggested, pointing to his left as he did so.

Veroníca nodded, patting her friend's shoulder before going inside.

As Veroníca walked up the stairs, Glenn walked towards to the barn. "Rory? Rory?"

His hushed yells came to a halt as he saw Rory walking with Carl and Rick. A smile came onto the man's face as he walked up to the trio.

When he reached them, he ignored the tension between Rick and the kids as he ruffled Rory's hair. "Your mom's been looking for you. She's inside."

Rory nodded at this, quickly running inside as Glenn began walking alongside Carl and Rick. "So.. How'd it go?"

Rick just shook his head, not answering the man's question til they had reached a few more members of the group. "We're keeping him in custody. For now."

At Rick's answer Glenn furrowed his eyebrows just as Andrea stood up. "I'm gonna find Dale."

Andrea had a smile on her face as she left the group, Lori had a deep frown as she looked at Rick.

Glenn took a step back from the leader, sensing the tension between the couple. Instead he went and stood beside T-dog who was currently eavesdropping on the couple.

"Him and his friend followed us. Carl wanted to watch.. I couldn't."

"That's okay.. That's okay." Lori cooed, placing a hand onto Rick's cheek. She then pulled the man in for a hug just as T-dog made eye contact with Glenn.

"Imma go tell Ron."

Glenn nodded at T-dog's words, watching as his friend walked towards the house.

    Veroníca smiled at T-dog as he walked towards her, he looked between the woman and Rory before speaking up. "Lil man. Can I talk to your mom real quick?"

Rory looked at his mother, who nodded making the boy stand up. On his way out he fist bumped T-dog before leaving the house.

When the man was sure he was gone, he spoke again. "Carl and Rory followed Rick.. To the execution. Don't know much m—"