Epilogue

Ae's POV:

The day after I spoke to tin, I and Pete met Lay and thanked her. She was really happy meeting us after she came to know that we were the one Champoo was trying to separate. Pete's mother and Mae, both, bought lot of gifts for her to thank her. She was like an angel to us who came for our help in the worst time. She not only brought me and Pete together but also helped in clearing the misunderstanding between everyone. She gave the best gift to our child. Our words and gifts will never be enough to thank this girl who had brought lot of joy and peace in our life.

My life took a turn after the gender reveal party. Everything was back to normal and both the families were getting well with each other. My mother was spending more time with Pete compared to me. She was pampering him and trying to give him everything he wanted. She would make his favorite food and even fed him. With time, mae was able to see the goodness and kindness within Pete. She even began appreciating all his efforts.

I watched them in awe as they both got along well with each other. Pete was already 7 months pregnant when I decided to propose him. With the help of Tin, I arranged for a small set up and proposed him in front of both the families. He cried like a baby before finally saying yes. That day was the one that marked a new beginning of our life.

I didn't waste much time and we got married within two weeks because my mother wanted it. She was worried that someone might try to separate us and she didn't want to see me in pain. Also, she didn't want to lose someone like Pete. Her concern for Pete was more than what she had for me.

It was a small ceremony in the hall in presence of all our closed ones. Pete looked really cute in his attire as he walked down aisle. I watched him as he descended the steps and made his way towards me. He was blushing all the while. Mae was beside him helping him since he had a bit of trouble with the clothes he was wearing. The day prior, he was complaining that the clothes are too tight and he is finding it really difficult to walk.

We said our vows and exchanged the rings. There was a small party arranged by both the families. After the ceremony, Pete changed into comfortable clothes and I waited for him at the hall. He seemed calmer after being in his other clothes. We danced at the music with everyone cheering for us. I followed each and every step making this day memorable ones. Pete was a bit sulking saying that he didn't look good in wedding pics because of the baby bump but how can I explain it to him that he looked way cuter than earlier. I had a hard time pacifying him but when he saw the pictures of our marriage, he was more than happy. I won't complain thought because I know that he had become a bit moody because of the pregnancy.

We arranged for a small baby shower and invited our close friends and family and our friends flooded us with lots of gifts. Yim was happy seeing the presents and dived in to open them. We all watched her as she opened the box and pulled out something. She would make a face after seeing it and most of the time she complained that the clothes weren't of her size. We all were laughing so much looking at her cute actions.

Finally, P'Nat told her that the gifts were for the little baby inside Pete's stomach and the little girl came forward and asked Pete when she can meet the little boy. We cannot hold back our laugh with the cute questions my niece would throw. It was like living in a dream.

Soon, the due date approached. Pete was almost 3 days away from the date when he told me that he is feeling sharp pain in the belly. I didn't waste time and immediately rushed him to hospital. We were staying in the apartment even after marriage because it was more convenient for me to go for work and return back and also because the hospital was close. In short, all the necessary services were close by.

After admitting Pete, I made quick calls to inform both the families. I didn't have much time to call everyone so I told mae to inform others. I completed all the formalities and then hurried towards Pete. He needed me the most in this moment. I stayed beside him all the while as he went through all the pain, crying out loud. It lasted for a while before finally our little bundle of joy came into the world.