His deep gaze

Pete's POV:

It was after a long time that I finally returned back to Thailand. It's not like that I don't miss my family. It's because I didn't wanted to stay at this place which held so many memories of me and my father.

It was that fateful day when por met with an accident. I still remember seeing por for the last time. He smiled at me before he was taken into the operation theater. But they were not able to save him. There was excess of blood loss and he succumbed to the injuries.

It was the mistake of the rough driver who headed towards us with high speed while we were returning back home after spending the day in park. Por made a quick move trying to save me from the impact. I didn't had any scratch on my body but por was badly injured. Soon, paramedics arrived and we were rushed to hospital. Doctors examined me and after knowing that I was fine, they allowed me to go. I rushed towards my father who was being carried to the operation theatre. He looked at me and smiled for the last time and that was the only memory that remained like a fresh wound inside my heart.

I was completely devastated from the incident and wanted to run away. Mae knew that I was finding it really hard to cope up with everything and let me go abroad for studies. I stayed there for almost 10 years before I finally prepared myself to return back.

When I arrived, mae was really happy and I was being fed continuously. I wanted to go out but it had been years since I had roamed in this area. Mae had called my childhood friend Tin over when I was back and we were very happy to see each other. Before leaving, he had given me his cell phone number. I fished out my cell phone and immediately dialed his number.

He picked up soon and I expressed my wish of going out. Within half an hour, Tin was outside my house with his car. I waved at mae and rushed towards the car all excited to go out for shopping. He drove through the streets and I could clearly see the changes.

Soon, we were parked in the basement of a huge mall and we hurried inside. I moved around picking up various items and stuffing my cart with it. After having filled two carts with all the stuff, we finally proceeded to check out. We carried the bags to the car and placed them at the backseat before we got inside and headed towards the restaurant.

Tin wanted to take me to the same restaurant which we used to go during childhood with our families. He parked in front of the restaurant and to my surprise it was totally changed. We walked inside and ordered our favorite. I was looking outside as we waited for the food to arrive. It had started to become cloudy and there was probability that it was going to rain.

Our food arrived and we dug in immediately as we were hungry. "Pete, I wanted to tell you something." Tin spoke as he continued to scoop the food into his mouth. "Yeah... Go ahead." I spoke as I continued to fill my mouth with my favorite food.

"I have a boyfriend." He stated making me choke. I hurriedly grabbed the glass in front of me and gulped it down trying to get rid of the thing stuck inside my throat. "You could have at least warned me earlier. You nearly choked me to death." I said trying to calm down my breathing.

He was laughing at me by looking at the way I reacted. "Don't try to pretend that you are angry. You look like a little kitten." He said teasing me. Even though I want to protest, I know that he is right. I have never gotten into fight earlier and don't want to get into one henceforth. Mae keeps worrying about me, she says I look really fragile.

Finally, we finished food and walked out of the restaurant after paying for the meal. I wanted to buy cake for mae from her favorite bakery so I asked Tin to take me to that place. When we reached the place, I got ready to step out but Tin held me back. He said he'll get it for me and asked me to wait inside the car.