Confession

Ae's POV:

We walked towards the football field which was empty. I guided him towards the building on the opposite side and then sneaked inside while heading towards the terrace. Pete grabbed my wrist and looked at me in concern but I assured him that everything was fine. I wasn't intending of doing anything. I just needed some privacy.

I finally pushed open the door to the terrace and stepped aside allowing him to walk forward. He took some careful steps forward and I followed him. We sat down at a place that offered shielding from the setting sun. "What do you want to talk about?" I asked. I could see him fidgeting with his fingers and understood that he was nervous. I grabbed his hands and pulled them towards me. He turned towards me but his gaze was still fixed on the floor.

"Pete, what do you want to talk about?" I asked again and waited for him to reply. "Ae, will you hate me if I tell you something?" he asked. His voice was almost a whisper. "I can never hate you Pete." I replied.

I could feel him still trying to think if it was right thing to do or not. I scooted closer to him and wrapped my arm around his shoulder. He looked at me and I could see nervousness in those big brown eyes.

He finally mustered up courage and I heard him speak, "Ae, I don't know how to explain this to you but I like being with you. And I become a bit selfish when I am with you. And it's not just friendship but I consider you someone more than just a friend. The first time I saw you, I was almost hypnotized by your eyes. And then when I got time to spend with you, I wanted to spend all my time with you. Please don't hate me but I l-like you......" He confessed.

My breaths became heavy as I heard him speak. How can I hate him when I was getting selfish too to spend time with him? I didn't know what to say and just stared at him. After a while, I could see something glistening on his cheek. I touched his cheek gently only to feel the wet thing on my finger. I placed my fingers below his chin making him look at me and that is when I noticed his tears. He was crying and I didn't know the reason.

"Pete, why are you crying?" I asked him. "You must be hating me now. I know you like girls and you thought about me just as a friend. But I couldn't keep it inside me any longer. I am sorry for all the trouble. I'll leave now." He said and got up from his place even before I could say or do something. He started walking towards the door and that is when I realized that I haven't confessed to him about my feelings.

I felt like a total idiot in this moment, he bravely confessed his feelings and I couldn't even utter a word. Without any further delay, I got up from the place and rushed towards him. I back hugged him, stopping him from taking any step forward. I could feel his body shaking as he let out little sobs.

"How can you leave without listening to what I have to say? I felt in love with you at first sight and that was not when I met you at parking lot but when I saw you in your car a day earlier. I was mesmerized by you to such an extent that the whole time only your face was clouding my mind. You made me do things that I never thought I'll do. My life is not the same after you stepped in. I am sorry that I didn't say a word after you confessed to me. But I was overwhelmed to an extent that I couldn't find words to describe my feelings. I love you Pete..... I love you a lot.... I don't know whether I'll ever be able to stay away from you. You are my world." I finally confessed.

I didn't hear a single word from him and I was getting a bit anxious thinking how he was reacting right now. "Ae, you need not force yourself to accept me. I know you like girls and you are doing this to keep my heart but I beg to you, please don't do it. I can accept you not reciprocating my feelings rather than you trying to do something that you don't want to." He finally spoke making my heart crumble. Why did he even think that I was doing this to keep his heart?