Returning back

Pete's POV:

After cleaning up ourselves, Ae returned back to lie down beside me. I was now feeling shy to look at him. The bravery I had shown few minutes ago now disappeared like smoke in air. I turned around shyly hiding my face from him and burying it in pillow.

I felt him move closer and then I was pulled against his chest. I gasped at the sudden movement and I could hear his throaty laugh from behind. "Why are you so shy?" he asked. "Ae~, don't ask me that question!" I whined. I could hear him laugh some more and call me cute.

It was peaceful to be in his arms and to have this small happy moment. Being with him made me feel that I made the right decision of returning back home. May be I was destined to meet him that's why I decided to return back.

"What are you thinking?" He asked. "I was thinking that I made a right choice of returning back home. If I hadn't return back, I would have never met you and I would have been busy with books. I am blessed to have you by my side." I replied. "And I would have been running on the football field all the time." He replied making me giggle.

I knew about Ae's life before I became a part of it. Pond had told me about Ae's routine and it made me wonder whether Ae was actually keeping himself that busy. Even about the way Ae would talk and behave. Pond told me that Ae was always cold when he would speak and he would hardly spend time with his friends. Pond even told that he was surprised when Ae took me to the nearby café when I met him on football field.

"Go to sleep... It's getting late." Ae said while kissing me softly on head. "Good night khrab Ae." I said while letting myself get comfortable in his arms. I closed myself and soon sleep took over.

The next morning I woke to the warmth of two arms wrapped around me and the bright light illuminating the whole room. I stirred a bit and looked up to see the lovely sight of my lover's face that looked peaceful in sleep.

I wish I could stay like this looking at the face of this person whom I treasured the most in my heart. I moved a bit propping myself up so that I could look at his face more clearly. No one looking at this person in front of me at this moment would say that he can get angry or be cold. He looked so calm and peaceful in sleep that I just wanted to keep looking at him.

"Why are you staring at me like that?" he asked making me stunned. I didn't know he was awake and knew that I was looking at him. "Err.... You look so peaceful when you are asleep." I replied without thinking. "Huh?! Then you mean to say that I don't look peaceful when am awake?" he asked while opening his eyes and looking at me.

"A-Ae, it's not like that. I mean you look peaceful when you are awake... But it's a little less... You rather look..." I didn't know what to say. Thankfully, I didn't say the word which Pond usually says – Scary. Yes!! Ae looks a bit scary when anyone looks at him but I get to see his softer version. And it's only for me.

"Do you mean to scary?" he asked and I was left with my mouth hanging open. Did he read my mind? "Err.... I didn't mean that..." I tried to think about what to say. "Stop trying to think.... I know that idiot Pond keeps telling everyone that I look scary. But I want to know from you. Do I look scary to you?" he asked.

"Ae.... You may look scary to others but for me, you look softer than you are with others. And am happy that it's just me with whom you be like this." I admitted. He looked at me for a while and then pulled me towards his chest. I squealed as I landed on him and hit his shoulder playfully in response. "You always catch me off guard!!" I complained. "Well..... Get used to it because I like the way you react.... It's cute..." he said. I smiled to him and then rested my head on his chest listening to his heartbeat.

We stayed in a bed for some more time speaking about random stuff till Ae decided that we should get fresh. After completing our morning routine, Ae decided that we should have breakfast. Thankfully, Pond and the other friends were not around and Ae choose a table for two. He ordered my favorite and we waited for the meal to arrive.