20

Jessica

"Rise and shine, my little snow," I cooed, gently touching Blake's face.

The little guy squinted his eyes and covered his face again with his blanket, his hand motioning me to go away. He's a really grumpy kid at his age, hindi ko alam kung sa'kin ba niya na mana 'yan o sa ama niya.

"Morning," I greeted when the door opened. Kris next to Blake, tapping his shoulder. Blake didn't say anything, he just motioned for us to go away making Kris laugh.

"He doesn't want his sleep to be disturbed huh," he chuckled and all of a sudden wrapped Blake as if he was a burrito. The room was filled with laughter, the little guy giggling as he was tackled by his father.

"Alright you two, I'll leave to make breakfast," I announced, clasping both my hand. I stopped when I remembered that I forgot something, "Blakey, give Mommy her morning kiss please," I smiled sweetly, bringing my face close to him. With a loud sound, Blake smothered my face with kisses. It was series of sloppy kisses, damang-dama mo talaga 'yung laway eh.

"What about Daddy?" Kris asked making me turn towards him. Is he asking Blake or me? Imposible namang ako, he doesn't refer to himself as Daddy when he's talking to me.

I shook my head and started to make my way out of the room when I heard him complain, "Ang daya naman,"

My phone vibrated and showed Sunny's name. She's staying up late again, maybe something's up. "Oh, why did you call?" I asked, getting the eggs from the fridge.

"Ah so ngayong happy family na kayo hindi na ako welcome tumawag,"

"Sinabi ko bang hindi? Aba nagtatanong lang naman ako kanina," I countered, pouring milk on the eggs I've beaten.

"I called to tell you about the land Suho and I looked into. We already talked to the owner and he told us he's not selling it for lease,"

Before they left for Seoul last week, I asked them to look for any available lots around. Kris and I talked about it and we both agreed that it is better to raise Blake in Korea, plus it's just a few hours away from China. "So he wanted us to buy the whole land? Gaano ba kalaki and how much in total?"

"15 acres for about a hundred and twenty grand. I think it's actually worth the price, considering that a mall and a theme park is being built nearby,"

I heated the pan and sliced a large portion of the butter. Blake likes pancakes, bahala na si Kris kung ayaw niya. "15 acres is too much, hindi naman kami magpapagawa ng resort sa likod ng bahay namin. Hanap pa kayo ng iba, please,"

"We're actually planning of telling the others about it. They can buy the rest of the land then you guys can be neighbors," she suggested making me nod in agreement.

"That's actually a nice idea, Yoona called me yesterday and mentioned that she's thinking of investing her money into something else. It's a surprise she's to hear that she's growing tired of being a nomad," I heard Sunny laugh because of my statement.

"Don't mind her, she's just grieving. Anyway, I have to go. Yuri invited us to the club she's working in. Taeyeon and Jieun will be here in a minute to fetch me,"

"Jieun and Taeyeon? Himala they agreed to go out of their caves," I said in surprise, knowing what a homebody both can be. I was about to say something when Sunny ended the call. Ang bastos talaga nito minsan.

I placed my phone on the counter and continued preparing breakfast for three. Soojung left home hours after the gang went back to Seoul. She's going to the Netherlands this time, and she's staying there for a month. Kris being here is a great help since he can tend to Blake when I have something important to do for the company. It's also his chance to be closer to Blake.

The child now acknowledges Kris as his father and seems to warm up to welcome him in his life. Some days I catch them playing in the backyard, Kris is teaching Blake to play ball and the child picks up fast. I'm not surprised if in the future he becomes a basketball player too.

"You guys are here already? Have a seat first, this is the last batch anyway," I said flipping two pancakes at the same time.

"Mommy seems to be a good cook. Lucky we get to taste it every day," Kris said ruffling Blake's hair. The kid nodded and whispered something to his father's ear making the latter laugh.

I eyed them suspiciously as I put down two plates in front of them then reached for the milk and orange juice in the chiller. "Blake told me you don't often do this. He told me he's not used to this," Kris chuckled, scrutinizing the food.

"You're not used to this because you always have milk for breakfast. Don't lie nga," I lightly scolded Blake and shot daggers to Kris who's now laughing.

I sat down next to Blake and helped him spread butter on his pancake. "Sunny called a while ago, they found land. The thing is, it's a bit huge and it's not for lease," I started, looking at him from time to time as I speak. "They're thinking of bringing it up to the rest of the gang, they might be interested too," I added, pouring milk in Blake's glass and ushered him to eat.

"Suho told me about it too. I think that's a great idea, Luhan is also interested in buying land. You know, he's planning to settle down too. He and Tiffany aren't young anymore," he said. It's no surprise that two thought of settling down. Knowing Luhan, once he's sure of something, there's no turning back.

"But Tiffany is Young," I joked, playing with Fany's stage name. "Very funny," he grumbled and rolled his eyes.

"Sige awayin mo'ko, 'di ko ipapahiram si Blake sa'yo," I pouted and placed my hand protectively on my son's forehead. "You're ruining my mood early in the morning," I added and glared at him.

"Wear this, it'll lighten your mood," he said and pulled out a small box, sliding it to my direction. I closed the box after seeing what's inside, staring at him in disbelief. "That's a weird way of proposing, can't you be a bit more creative?" I complained to the person in front of me, smiling from ear to ear.

"I can't find the right time to tell you, kaya ayan na, at least I gave it to you and not to anyone else. You should be over the moon because of that," he confidently said, tilting his head to the side.

I can't believe I'm marrying this cocky person.