Chapter 1: New Friends

~Your POV~

I shook Scarlet's hand and told her my name. "My name is (f/n)." I said back. She smiled wider than before. "Oh, I can tell that we're going to be great friends!" she squealed. I laughed at her reaction. "Yeah, I can too." I said under my breath. Skylar.

Before I had a second to think, Scarlet pulled me toward her group of friends. There were two girls, and two guys. Scarlet introduced me right away. "Guys, this is our new friend, (f/n)." she said, still containing that wide grin on her face. Her friends seemed happy to meet me, too. One girl stepped up and shook my hand. "Hey, my name is Ashley." she told me as she shook my hand. On her wrist, I noticed a few scars. It made me feel pretty sad inside, but I tried to hide my sadness on the outside. Ashley had brown hair that almost reached her chest, and it was styled similar to mine. She wore makeup, her body was pretty average, maybe a tad bit chunky but toned, and she just seemed right in the head, unlike some people I know, or knew.

I learned the names of everyone else here too. The other girl's name was Rebecca. She was two grades below me, Scarlet, and Ashley. One of the guys was a junior, and the other was a sophomore like Rebecca. Their names were Brian (the junior), and Nic (the sophomore). I learned that I shared my sixth period lunch with everybody except for Scarlet, who has Science at that time. It sucked because Scarlet reminded me so much of Skylar. They seem so much alike, except Scarlet has her head on straight...as far as I know.

My school schedule is:

First period: Economics

Second period: (A days) Study Hall ; (B days) Creative Writing

Third period: English 12

Fourth period: Physics

Fifth period: Photography Modern

Sixth period: Lunch

Seventh period: PreCalculus

Eighth period: Study hall

Ninth period: Photography Classic

I shared my photography classes with Ashley, my eighth period study hall with both Nic and Brian, and both of my second period classes with Scarlet and my English class. I guess it was a fair deal, considering that I just met these guys today. I still wish I had lunch with Scarlet, though. I want to get to know her like I got to know Skylar. Maybe I'll actually get a second chance at protecting my best friend.

The security guard by the main hallway let us all go to our lockers. I wasn't sure why we had to stay here in the first place, but I guess that's just how this school functions in the morning. Scarlet showed me where my locker was. Ugh, thank God I have a top locker. I've always hated getting the bottom lockers because sometimes, people who have the locker above me would accidentally open their locker and hit me in the head. None of them apologized, of course. Dicks.

Scarlet helped me put the combination in and I opened it. The inside of this locker had remnants of stickers and shit like that. I was able to tell that a few stickers were placed in a few areas in here. I ignored it and started putting some of my books in here. Just a few notebooks and binders that I wont need until later today. I glanced at my school schedule again and turned to Scarlet, who was scrolling through Facebook on her phone. Yeah, I need a Facebook account because apparently everyone has one.

She looked up from her phone at me. "What's up?" she asked. She was able to see the confusion in my face. I just didn't know if today was an A day or a B day, whatever that is. "Is it an A day or B day?" I asked. She thought for a second. God, I hope she knows. She snapped her fingers. "It's a B day." she told me. I nodded. That means I have Creative Writing today second period.

Scarlet put her phone in her back pocket and pivoted her body toward me. "Do you have a Facebook?" she asked out of the blue, well, red. I shut my locker door and shook my head. "No, my parents didn't want me to have one. Why?" I asked back. She gave me a weird look, but quickly snapped out of it. "I don't know, I'm just wondering. You should make one." she told me. I was pretty skeptical about doing that because I've read a lot of gruesome stories about kids who get bullied online. Then again, I don't have anybody bullying me now, so what could possibly go wrong? I shrugged. "Sure, I will after school." I told her. She smiled and clapped her hands together. Something that Skylar would definitely do.

I walked to my first class at the sound of the bell, Economics. I had this teacher named Mr. Fick. I think fick is German for fuck...yeah, that sounds attractive.

The teacher himself wasn't too bad looking. He sounded pretty German to me, which was fucking awesome. When he walked into the classroom, he looked at me. I looked back at him seconds later and smiled slightly. "Oh, you must be the new student." he said in his funny accent. I nodded. "Yeah, I'm (f/n) (l/n)." I told him. He nodded and checked me off on the attendance list. He did the same thing with the rest of the class. People in this class were kind of staring at me, trying to get used to me being in here. I found a lot of discomfort in that, but I guess New Yorkers are just weird like that.

School skimmed by and it's already sixth period, Lunch. Everyone was already here, everyone except for Scarlet. They noticed me by the entrance of the cafeteria and motioned me toward them. I quickly walked to their table and took a seat next to Ashley. "Hey!" Nic said to me. I waved at them with a convincing smile on my face. "Hey guys!" I said back. We started talking about a few things until we decided to get some lunch.

Some kids on the lunch line looked at us weirdly, but we ignored it. I don't feel like getting more bullies into my life.

School ended pretty quickly after lunch, and I went straight to where Mark said he'd get me after school. He was dressed and looked a lot better than this morning. "How was school, baby?" he asked as he pecked my cheek. I kissed him back. "It was awesome. I made new friends already!" I yelled in excitement. He hugged me tightly. "I knew your day would turn out great. You feel like grabbing some pizza? I heard the pizza here is the best." he told me. I nodded and buckled my seat-belt. He drove away from the high school toward town.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

yay chapter 1 is up!! took me long enough to write it lol too many distractions. so i grew up in this town, hampton bays NY, so i know everything that has to do with ny :D hope you guys like the first chapter! im gonna try to update a chapter a day so i dont leave you guys hanging lol gooddnight!!