"Your son's stable, Mrs. He's still unconscious but I believe he'll wake up soon." The doctor answered for me.

Hindi ko alam kung sino ang tumawag sa ina ni Miguel. I don't know her number and this the first time we met. I glanced at the doctor.

"Luckily, they brought him here. I was the one who cured him from an accident months ago and up until now, I am still monitoring him." Tumingin siya sa aming dalawa at ngumiti. "I want to discuss something so please follow me."

Bigla akong nakaramdam ng kaba. Nagsimula na siyang maglakad. I hesitated to follow at first, but Miguel's mother held my hand. She smiled at me as she motioned for us to start walking.

Her hand was warm and calming. Para bang tinatapik niya ako sa balikat at sinasabing walang masamang mangyayari sa anak niya. Parang bang hinahaplos niya ang puso ko at ipinaparamdam sa akin na okay lang ang lahat. I longed so long for this feeling to feel. I have this urge to hug her so tight. Ni hindi ko pa ito naramdaman sa sarili kong ina.

Doctor Araneta lead to us to a room that looks like a conference room. May mga upuan roon at sa harap nito ay isang laptop at projector. She told us to sit and she went in front of the computer.

A picture of a brain flashed. Tumayo siya at lumapit sa harap. May itinuro siya doon. "This is a region of the brain deep inside the temporal lobe known as the limbic system. It includes the amygdala, hypothalamus, thalamus and etcetera. Some of them are relevance to the processing of memory."

All we could do is nod. I have no idea about what she's trying to imply to us. Alam ko namang may amnesia si Migs.

"Any disease or injury in this part of the brain can interfere to the intricacies of the memory. Since Miguel experienced an accident which damaged this part.." She circled the limbic system. "..his emotions and memories were blocked. Hence, popularly known as Amnesia. However, he can remember most parts of his memories so I conducted a series of tests before and figured out that he has Selective Amnesia."

Pinagsalikop niya ang dalawang kamay. "Common elements that may be forgotten are special talents, living areas, abilities, events or traumatic events and.." She looked at me and my brow suddenly raised. "..relationships."

"Is there anyway to bring back his memories?" I cannot stop myself from asking.

I want him to remember everything from the past. I want him to remember every day he spent with me, every feeling, every place. I want him to remember.. me.

"Many forms of amnesia fix themselves without being treated. But there are some ways to cope up with memory loss such as occupational therapy. My problem is, I asked him before and he won't undergo such therapy."

Ramdam ko ang pagbagsak ng mga balikat ni Mrs. Robles. I moved my hand and patted her back. She looked at me and smiled a little.

"Kaya ko ipinaliwanag sa inyo kung ano ba ang meron si Miguel ay dahil gusto ko siyang tulungang ibalik ang kaniyang memorya. We can show him some photographs, notes, letters or videos from the past to help him retreive his memories. Pwedeng magkwento tayo sa kaniya ng mga pangyayari o bagay na hindi niya maalala. Maybe someone, something, a feeling or anything. But the thing is, we must not pressure him to remember. It takes time."