🖤🩹💖Bottled Up- Renjun

Start from the beginning

"renjun-ah."

"yes hyung?"

"are you doing okay?"

Renjun didn't expect the choreographer to care for his well-being. The question caught him off guard and it took him a second to respond.

"I'm fine hyung."

"I just, I've noticed you seem down lately."

"was my performance bad hyung?"

The man sighed sadly his grip on renjun's shoulder softening but remaining there.

"renjun-ah, you are an incredible dancer, you know that. It's just you don't seem very lively while dancing. It's almost...I don't know, robotic?"

Renjun looked down at the floor angry at himself for letting his emotions show during his performance.

"usually you look so happy when you dance renjun-ah, but lately I've noticed you seem very unenthused."

"I'm sorry hyung. I will do better." He bowed deeply to the man.

"hey, renjun-ah stand up."

He slowly rose back up.

"you know that if you are going through something you can come to me, right? Or your members, people are here to help you renjun-ah."

Renjun had no idea how the man could see right through him like this but apart of him was grateful for it and the other part was greatly annoyed.

"hyung, everything is fine. I just had an off day, I'll get better okay?"

The man seemed unconvinced but knew he couldn't force the boy to talk to him.

"okay renjun-ah, if you say so then I believe you." He patted the boy's shoulder.

"should I stay and work on the dance hyung?"

"no renjun-ah, go home and rest. We can work more tomorrow, okay?"

"but hyung-

"go home renjun."

Renjun sighed in defeat and nodded before grabbing his bag and leaving the practice room.

He went back to the dorms and slipped his shoes off before going straight to his room without a word.

"aish, there he goes again." Chenle said from the kitchen counter.

"I've never seen him this down before." Haechan said as he bit into a muffin he was holding.

"do you think hwiyoung hyung scolded him after practice?" Jisung suggested.

"no, hwiyoung-hyung never scolds us, I doubt he'd yell at renjun." Jeno said.

Mark was leaning against the stove with a stressed expression.

"what are you thinking hyung?" jaemin asked.

Mark sighed running his hand through his hair.

"I don't know, I'm just worried. Renjun's never acted this way before and he used to tell us when something's wrong."

"I know, I'm worried too." Haechan said as he tossed the empty muffin paper in the bin.

"I'm gonna try and talk to him." Mark said as he walked out of the kitchen.

The boys watched him leave before turning back to each other all looking discouraged and worried.

Mark walked up to renjun's door and knocked.

"renjun-ah, it's mark-hyung."

"what is it hyung?" renjun called with a monotone voice.

"well, could I come in for a minute?"