A tiny bit of Ladynoir

Start from the beginning

She looked to the floor, still crying her arms just hanging at her sides and she shook her head, feeling like an utter fool.

Nathalie responded with a grin to her last words:

"Well, as you now probably believe, that Mr Agreste is not 'fucking' me too, and that I am not 'too' loyal for a normal assistant, we maybe can continue a more quiet and calm life, right?"

My mother gasped and covered her face, feeling even worse than before. I reached for her hand and squeezed it firmly.

"Maman, it's okay. Just don't go all nuts about us anymore, yeah? I.... we......, it's all so...... Neither of us planned for something like that to happen. It just did. Like we said, we didn't even know, how much we were drawn to each other until we had that argument and he 'did' lock me into his room and left me there. But he knew, that I could've gotten out easily, if I had tried, just, I didn't. And when he came back, he was still furious and while he wanted to attack me he kissed me instead, so....."

Gabriel took the word:

"So I eventually figured out, that it wasn't anger or hate, I felt. It was simply guilt. The guilt that kept me from acting the way I should have all of the time, since my wife left. Especially for Adrien, who was the reason for our fight. Your daughter...", he sat down next to me on the rim of the mattress and laid an arm around my waist, "....stood up for him and had the guts to yell at me, knowing very well, that I could've done more, than just lock her into some room!" he pecked my cheek tenderly, "...so, that's when i noticed, after hours of sulking in my office, that I felt attracted to her and that was bothering me, because, if I gave in to my desire, I would feel guilty towards more than one person!"

He glimpsed at Nathalie, as he said that and this time, he blushed lightly, when she reciprocated his look.

I started to grin, but kept it to myself for later. Payback's a bitch, Mr Agreste!

"It's really great, Maman, that you eventually have my back, but I have to ask you, to give us some time right now, so we can talk about everything that is going to happen in the near future! Please don't get mad, okay?"

She sighed.

"Yeah, even if I'd rather stay and listen, I know, that is yours alone and not for me to intervene anymore. I hope, you won't disappoint my trust in you, G-Gabriel!"

"Believe me, I won't!", he said sternly.

"Good", she uttered, then turned to me, ordering, "you let me know, if you need anything or if you're not feeling good, do you hear me?"

"Maman!", I groaned, "I am a grown up and fully capable to take care of stuff like that. But it's still sweet, that you try to be supportive after all you've learned today!"

She wanted to object me, but Nathalie was faster and suggested:

"How about leaving your daughter for now and then you could all have dinner together?", she now turned towards me, "maybe once or twice a week, so your maman could make sure, you're okay?"

"Sounds great!", Gabriel already exclaimed, but I shook my head.

Looking at him directly, I explained:

"I hope, you will agree and not be mad at me, when I ask Nathalie to have dinner with us. Because, you have been a part of this family long before we even knew each other. And I am well ware, how Adrien sees you, so he will be very glad about this arrangement too!"

The father of my unborn child beamed at me and took my hand into his own, to kiss the back of it, then muttered:

"Of course I agree to that. Nathalie, I want you to have dinner with us tonight.!"