Chapter 17: Combat

Lana's in her room looking at her baby's ultrasound. Lex walks in with drinks and says, "I thought we'd end the evening with toast. We've officially been married for one week. The baby's safe. It's just sparkling cider. It's not quite the same as celebrating on the beach in Phuket, but I guess it'll have to do." Lana says, "Lex, I'm sorry. I know how much you wanted to go on this honeymoon... But like I said before... I don't think that flying off to some foreign country is good for the baby." Lex says, "Are you sure that's the only reason you gave up a week in paradise? Ever since the wedding, I feel like you've been pulling away from me." Lana says, "Everything happened so quickly. This pregnancy, the wedding... I still feel like I'm trying to catch up. I just need a little time." Lex sighs and says, "Take as much time as you need. We have the rest of our lives together." Lex kisses Lana's cheek and Lex continues to say, "Look, I'm sure things will be different once the baby's born. Right?" Lana nods with a tight-lipped smile and Lex cheers, "To our new family." They cheer their drinks and Lana sips her glass.

" They cheer their drinks and Lana sips her glass

Liana moved back into her apartment with Chloe, because she fulfilled her promise to her sister

Liana moved back into her apartment with Chloe, because she fulfilled her promise to her sister. Liana walks into her apartment and looks at Chloe and Clark and says, "Hey." Chloe softly smiles and says, "Hey, so how was your trip for your story in the Everglades?" Liana says, "It was a dead end and not a good distraction." Liana looks behind Chloe's shoulder and says, "Is that a story?" Chloe says, "No." Chloe then turns her computer off and Liana finds it strange and says, "Okay, look, normally I would be hands-off... but I really need a story. Please, Chloe? I could use a distraction." Chloe says, "There's no story for the Inquisitor here, Liana. It's just a dead end." Clark says, "I'm sure after a shower and cappuccino, you'll come up with something in no time." Chloe says, "Clark's right. We'll give you some room." Liana sighs and looks at Chloe's computer debating whether or not she should open it. Liana decides that she's not going to open it and throws her drink in the trash, but not before pulling out a picture that was balled up. Liana reads something on the picture and says, "FR, 44. Fort Ryan, hangar 44. Thanks, Lois for the army talk." Liana smiles and thinks that she has her story.