Chapter 4: Arrow

Liana's with Oliver at a party

Liana's with Oliver at a party. Oliver says, "Okay, now remember this is a party." Liana says, "I know. I know. Stay away from religion, politics and bad dye jobs." Oliver smiles and then a gentleman says, "Ollie, it's been too long. Come over here." They walk over there, and Oliver says, "Hello." A woman smiles and says, "Hi, Oliver." Oliver looks at Liana and says, "Uh, Mr. Westcott and his wife, Candice. I'd like to to introduce you to Liana Lane." Liana softly smiles and has her hand out and says, "Hi." Mr. Westcott grabs her hand and says, "Simon Westcott." Then he places a kiss on her hand and continues to say, "It's my pleasure." Liana smiles and says, "Likewise. So, I wanted to tell you that I thought you were so eloquent at the congressional indictment hearings." Liana watches Mr. Westcott frown and she continues to say, "Uh, sorry about your oil tanker." Oliver says, "Well, we're gonna go. That's our cue, so..." Oliver pushes Liana gently away from Mr. and Mrs. Westcott. Oliver says, "I guess I forgot to add public humiliation to the list of cocktail party don'ts. I'm gonna go get us a drink, okay? Just wait here and, uh, don't talk to anybody, okay?" Liana nods and Oliver kisses her cheek and walks away. Then Lionel Luthor taps his glass and says, "I'd like to thank you all for coming tonight. I hope you're having a splendid time. And that you've had a chance to reconnect with some old friends. Right now, though, I'd like to introduce you to someone who I hope will be a new friend. A valuable new friend. Someone I'm sure you'll be glad to have on your side. Ladies and gentlemen, may I introduce to you our Kansas state senator and your future United States senator, Martha Kent." Everyone claps and Liana smiles and says, "Woohoo!" Martha smiles and says, "Thank you very much." Then the lights go out and Liana watches a hooded being snatch Martha's necklace. Liana runs after him and hits him with a tray, but he blocks it and grabs her waist. Liana says, "Give me the necklace." The hooded man says, "You forgot to say please." The hooded man uses a grabbling hook and goes to fly up an elevator, but not before Liana grabbed his necklace with a ring on it. Later, Liana's at Oliver's being questioned about the hooded man. Liana says, "I couldn't ID the guy, but he didn't exactly stick around to chat. " Milo says, "You told Mr. Luthor that you almost caught the guy. Yet you expect me to believe you didn't see anything?" Liana says, "Look, Lionel Luthor pays Safetex, what millions of dollars for personal security? So don't blame me if you let a boy scout with an archery badge crash his party." Oliver says, "Okay. I think Miss Lane's made her point. Wouldn't you say? She'll call you if she remembers anything. Evening." Milo then leaves and Liana smiles at Oliver. Oliver smiles and says, "So what aren't you telling him?" Liana walks to Oliver and says, "I just nabbed the story of my life." Liana shows Oliver the ring she took and continues to say, "William Tell's not the only one who walked away with a serious party favor." A guy walks in with Clark and says, "Mr. Queen?" Clark says, "My mom told me you were here. Are you okay?" Liana softly says, "Yes, I'm fine. You don't have to worry about me, Smallville." Oliver looks at Clark and says, "Smallville? So, you're Clark Kent?" Clark holds his hand out and says, "You must be Oliver Queen." Oliver shakes his hand and says, "Yeah. Wow, you're exactly what Liana said about you." Clark looks at Liana and says, "You guys talk about me?" Liana looks at Clark with a soft expression and says, "Only good things, I promise." Clark softly smiles and Oliver notices Clark's lingering gaze on Liana. Oliver says, "Wait, did you two...?" Liana nods and softly says, "Yeah." Oliver slowly nods and says, "Huh? I don't know many girls who are friends with their exes." Clark slowly nods and clears his throat and says, "The only reason I'm here is to get that necklace back and to make sure you were okay. Last thing I want is for my mom to be indebted to Lionel Luthor." Oliver says, "Yeah, well, you know, I mean, she should have thought of that before she accepted his help with her fundraising. Oh, and if you're really championing the cause of pick-pocketed billionaires you might wanna add a few more to the list." Clark says, "What are you saying that Lionel Luthor is not the only victim? Over a dozen of Metropolis' who's whos have been hit recently." Clark says, "Good, then there's some leads." Oliver says, "Well, not if all the victims were as uncooperative as Lionel Luthor. You find it interesting that he never called the police?" Liana says, "Okay, I'm gonna go. I have a front-page article that's missing a few key details. Goodnight, boys." Clark watches Liana give Oliver a kiss on the cheek. Clark's happy that she found someone. The next day, Lana and Lex just came back from a run. Lex says, "What was with that sprint up the last hill?" Lana says, "I always suspected you couldn't handle me." Then Dr. Groll walks in, and Lex says, "Dr. Groll. Did we have a meeting?" Dr. Groll says, "No, I just need a few words with you... in private." Lex says, "Well, you can say anything in front of Miss Lang." Dr. Groll says, "It's about the device." Lex says, "Please." Dr. Groll places his case on the table and opens it up. Lana watches Dr. Groll hold the part of object Zod had. Lana says, "Where'd you get that?" Lex says, "I found it and I asked Dr. Groll to figure out what it was." Dr. Groll says, "Some kind of power source beyond anything developed on Earth. If we could understand the technology, it could potentially solve the planet's energy crisis." Lex says, "Well, for some on the verge of saving the world your enthusiasm seems tempered." Dr. Groll says, "There is one risk. If it fell into the wrong hands..." Lana says, "It could be used as a weapon. So, if it's so dangerous, shouldn't you hand it in to the government?" Lex says, "Then he'd lose any chance at a Nobel Prize. Isn't that right, Dr. Groll?" Dr. Groll says, "What do you want me to do?" Lex says, "Every breakthrough has its challenges. Keep working." Dr. Groll says, "Very well."