Home

Harry's POV:

After all the first years we're sorted we got to start the feast, though I wasn't really that hungry. "What's wrong Harry?" Hermione asked in solemn voice. "Nothing. Why do you think something's wrong?" I asked. "Well for one you were acting strange on the train, and now for two you're not eating so what's up!" She asked in a sharp voice.

"It's nothing..." I said trailing off. "Harry's just got a crush that's been distracting him Mione. Why are you so worried about it!" Said Ron exaggerating. "I'm worried about my friend that's all, and..." She stopped suddenly like she'd said to much. "And what?" I asked. "Nothing... never mind!" She finally said.

"So you've got a crush eh Harry?" She pressed clearly desperate to make conversation.

"What's it to you?" Asked Ron, with total innocence. Ron knew Harry liked Hermione and he wanted them to be together.

"Was just curios that's all!" Said Hermione a hint of annoyance in her voice.

"Oh look what we have here!" Said Draco in an excited voice, he must've been waiting all summer for this. "Now now Draco." Said Avery. "Save it for tomorrow, trust me right now it's not worth it." She said gingerly walking towards the Slytherin commons room. Draco said. "Lucky you Potter, that my sister has come to save you again!" Then he walked off clearly annoyed as the rest of their friends followed. Since Avery lived with the Malfoys her and Draco were as good as brother and sister. "Wow... What was that all about?" Hermione asked curiosity slipping in and out of her tone. "Not sure." I said. "So lemme get this straight." Said Ron. "She acts like she hates all summer barely even speakers to us and then we come back to school and she protects us?She's confusing."

"Girls are confusing!" I agreed. "No we're not!" Said Hermione exasperated. "Maybe you guys just need to try a little harder to understand us!" She almost yelled. "So you're telling me you know why she did that?" Said Ron. "Well... No... But..." She trailed off deep in thought.

Hermione's POV:

"So you're telling me you know why she said that?" Said Ron my most annoying best friend. "Well... No... But..." I gave up it was no use trying to convince them anything else.

We were all pretty silent on the way to the common room though, I could tell something was up with Harry.

"Hermione is right mate you seem a bit off..."  Said Ron he seemed genuinely concerned. "I'm worried about Avery... She's been really really distant recently I feel like Voldemort's return is impacting her more than we realize..." Harry said Thoughtfully.

"You really believe that!" I asked.

"Yes of course I do, it's just kinda crazy that's all!" He yelled. "Harry I'm not the enemy! No need to scream at me!" I yelled back.

"Right sorry." He said a bit calmer.

"Are you two finished with your lovers quarrel yet?" Ron asked in the politest voice I've ever heard him use. "We're not lovers! And besides we weren't fighting!" I said defensively even if I wanted to date Harry he probably didn't want to date me.

Hours Later

Hermione's POV:

I was still studying when Harry came down the stairs he was so quiet I didn't even notice him at first.

"Hey Mione why are you still up?" He asked groggy. "Just the first of many late nights studying my friend." I said finishing my Defense Against the Dark Arts book. "Oh... Can I ask you something?" He said warily. "You just did." I sighed and patted for him to sit down next to me on the couch. "Do you have any ummm... sorry this is so embarrassing do you have a crush?" He asked so fast if I wasn't paying attention I would have missed it. "Yes why?" I said. "Who is it?" He asked more seriously. "Ummmmm... errr" I blushed not out if embarrassment because the boy I liked was sitting right in front of me.

"Uh I like you... Harry." I said sounding ashamed. "Harry I'm sorry to tell you like this I don't wanna ruin our friendship..." But before I could finish I was cut off by his lips crashing to mine.

All was well in my perfect world of fantasy's until Ron came down the stairs.

So I hope you guys like this chapter though if you don't I might not make another one. It takes a long time so if you're not interested lemme know and I'll stop.
~🖤Avery🖤