2

Inserting the key into the hole, I turn it, so it unlocks the door

Inserting the key into the hole, I turn it, so it unlocks the door. I walk in and dump my bag onto the bed. I walk into the bathroom and cringe at the state of it. The bathroom is not as bad as it is in most motels, but you definitely wouldn't want to take a bath in that bathtub.

A motel wasn't the best choice, but it's a choice that won't financially damage.

I'm not going to stay longer, than just a few hours. I'm not spending the night here. I just needed a place, where I can stop by, clean up and clear my head. I didn't want to spend the whole day in a cafe. I also don't want to be in a room full of people. I want a few hours to myself.

I'm going to go home as late as possible. I don't want to run into Austin.

Knowing him, he's going to manipulate me into forgiving him, and knowing me I would probably believe him.

I open the tap and wash my hands, before splashing some water onto my face to wash away the dried tears on my face.

I lean a little forward, taking a closer look at my cheek. It's worse than I thought. I didn't think it would leave a mark, but there's a small bruise forming.

Placing my hands onto the sink, I lean onto them.

I can't believe that the person I'm staring at is me. This is not me. I've always been collected. I never let what goes inside me, show in my appearance, and here I am.

All of this is just because of some stupid guy I've met at a frat party two years ago. You'd think someone who's big on talking about red flags would know better than getting with a frat guy.

I just want to punch myself for confiding in a frat guy. I can't even blame anyone. I knew how those guys are, but yet I ignored every red flag, making up excuses for his toxic actions.

I can't even look at myself anymore.

I quickly wash my hands once again and turn around about to walk out of the bathroom, before I smash the mirror above the sink.

I'd really love to take a shower, but I feel disgusted by the bathtub, and don't want to catch any diseases. Plus, I also don't have any change of clothes with me.

I shake my hands so that they dry up a little. There's no way, I'll use a motel towel. When they're dripping water anymore, I walk back into the room and flip down onto the bed.

My legs hang off the edge of the bed. My hands are folded on my stomach. My stare is directed at the ceiling. My mind is completely blank.

I just lay there, thinking about the last two years. How I've pushed everyone away just because they wanted to protect me; how I trusted him, but he just went and betrayed me; how I regret ever meeting him and letting him control my life so much.

That's all I can think about. I force myself to stop, but I can't.

God, I hope I'll never have to see him again after today. I know the chances are not high, but I hope he'll leave me alone.