5

My interview was a day ago

I've been thinking about my answer for the last 24 hours. I'll more than likely agree to the offer. Because who will ever offer me half a million to fake date someone for a few months. I didn't make that much working for the past two years. I probably didn't even make half of that sum. It would be very stupid of me to decline such an offer.

I grab a box of cereals and place it into my card, moving on to the next aisle to pick up some sweets.

As I'm looking for my favorite chocolate, I spot a familiar face.

I don't know whether to turn around and walk away as if nothing happened or to grow up and go over to her.

It's Luna. My best friend. The one who told me that Austin's not a good guy. Whom I didn't listen to and cut off.

She's reading something on the back of the box.

I don't have a chance to make up my mind, as she has already turned around and seen me.

I don't move. I just stand there, looking at her.

She averts her eyes and places the box inside the cart. She pulls the cart back to turn around and get out of this aisle.

I don't what to do. Whether to stop her and catch up with her, or just let her go.

"Wait!" I call out, pushing my cart towards her as quickly as I can. When I catch up to her, I'm slightly breathless. I need to hit the gym. I'll do that tomorrow. That's what I always say, then don't proceed with that. "Hey." I give her a small smile.

"Hey." She greets me back. "Umm... how have you been?" God, this is so awkward. We used to be so close and now we talk like we were never friends.

"Argh." I clear my throat. "I've been... good. Yeah." I pause. "Austin and I broke up," I tell her and she looks at me, surprise clear on her face. "You?" I ask. My eyes widen when she brings her hand up, revealing a ring with a huge rock. "Oh my god. When? To whom?" I gasp, still shocked.

"It's a long story." She says. Right. She might not want to converse with me much after what happened. "You can come by some time and we can catch up." She tells me. "I'm kind of rushing somewhere, so I better get going." She clarifies, pointing behind herself towards the checkout.

"Yeah, yeah. I wouldn't wanna hold you up. I'll stop by some time." I tell her, and she turns the cart around, rolling it away, after saying goodbye.

Waking up this morning, I didn't expect to run into my-probably ex-best friend.

I threw a few candies and cookies into my cart before I move out of the aisle toward the milk section.

• • •

I called Mr. Anderson and told him my answer a few hours ago.

I'm supposed to sign a contract and another NDA. I don't know why I have to sign another one, 'cause I've already signed one.