Saint Valentine's Special

The fragment you'll read next is part of a much longer chapter, which I'm undecided between make it Angel of my Dark Heart's epilogue or a bonus chapter.

I know you would have probably preferred a couple's scene, but Valentine's Day celebrates all kinds of love, even the one between family.

*******************
“Marcus, where the fuck are you?” the voice of his boss and best friend sounded from the living room.

He stiffened, his muscles automatically readying to jump out of bed, but he forced himself to stay where he was. His mind had to be playing tricks with him, or maybe it was a prank of the water horse inside him.

He continued with the caresses to his woman until feet sounded in the hallway, and the door of the bedroom he shared with Tara banged open.

“There you are! Mina’s giving birth, I need Tara’s help.” Vergil exclaimed, short, white hair tousled and dressed in sweatpants and a tank top.

Tara jolted to a sitting position on the bed and her amber irises glowed with otherworldly power. The gust of wind that came out of her hands send the intruder crashing into the hallway, the sound of wood breaking filling the bedroom.

“Babe, stop! That was Vergil!”

Shaking off the last remnants of her sleep, Tara blanched as Marcus’ words sank in. She swiftly got up and summoned workout capris and a tank top to cover her naked body.

April’s night chill wasn’t a bother for her.

On the other hand, Marcus shivered as he got out of bed and began dressing his naked ass in the warmest clothes he could find.

“Guess I deserved that for barging into a witch’s domain without warning.” The demon prince mumbled as he came into the room once again, dusting the wall’s debris off. “But there’s no time for pleasantries. Mina’s water broke and the God Spark went haywire again, just like that day.”

His niece nodded before red painted her cheeks. “I need you to teleport us there since my magic will be a bit unstable for a while.”

Vergil sighed annoyingly and he closed his eyes for a moment before addressing her, “Can you do this, Ashtarae? Can I trust you the lives of my consort and daughter?”

She blushed even harder but there was fire in her ambers when she answered, “Yes, Marcus is my agathion now. I can draw the power to balance myself from him.”

The demon prince nodded, satisfied, and flashed them into Mina’s bedroom without another word. Sprawled over the ruin silk sheets, the princess lay propped against a mountain of pillows with her knees up. Something similar to plum-colored, melting gelatin stained the area between her legs.

“What is that?” Marcus asked with a grimace as he stared at the jelly-like substance.

Vergil glared daggers in his direction, but it was Mina the one who answered between labored breaths. “My water apparently.” She whimpered as another contraction hit her and the grayish skin of her demon form was covered by the golden glow of her heavenly gift.

How the God Spark didn’t hurt her but hurt all other dark beings was still a mystery to everyone.

“That’s normal for a vampire, you idiot!” Lilith’s shout came from the living room. “Just help her deliver my granddaughter so I can enter that room already!”