T H I R Y F I V E

I was walking, but everything around me was white. I was becoming concerned because it appeared that I was trapped somewhere. I started running, but I kept running back to the same spot. I went insane because I couldn't find a way out. I suddenly heard a voice from a distance.

"Hello?" While looking around, I said in a shaky tone.

"Angel, why did you allow him to murder me?"

I started to look perplexed. I believe I recognize the voice as being Jayda's. I started looking around to see if I could find her, but I couldn't.

"Is that you, Jayda?" I inquired, my face befuddled.

I felt a presence behind me out of nowhere. I slowly rotated my neck and body. When I turn around, I see Jayda standing in front of me, but she looks exactly like she did when I dug her up last night. I screamed, fell, and started crawling backwards.

Jayda began to approach me slowly. "How did you allow him to murder me, Angel? Huh? I was your friend."

I keep crawling backwards while crying. "I apologize, Jayda. I didn't intend for it to turn out that way. I did my best; I tried to tell Manny to stop and let you go, but he didn't listen. I knew you weren't going to turn on me. He assumed you were going to turn on me."

Jayda keeps walking towards me, pointing at herself. "Take a look at what you did to me!This is entirely your fault!"

I'm still crying my eyes out. "I know, and I'm truly sorry. I should've told you the truth from the start."

Jayda jumped on me and knocked me down. "Take a look at what you did to me! Take a look at what you did to me! You're a cold-blooded killer!"

I awoke suddenly and began screaming. When I realized I was only dreaming, I stopped screaming. I ran my finger through my hair and noticed that it was slightly damp. I must have been perspiring while having that nightmare.

As I continued to think about that dream, I shook my head. I hope Jayda doesn't really feel that way about me. I swear I didn't intend for that to happen. I just hope her spirit can rest in peace.

Manny wasn't in bed with me when I looked to my side, but he did leave a note. I took the note and started reading it.

Dear My Sweetest Angel,

I'm sorry for leaving you in bed alone. I needed to take care of some business right away. I promise we'll spend time together when I return, mama. Mama, I adore you.

Love, Papi

After I finished reading the note Manny had left, I smiled. As I was putting the note down, I noticed Rubi busting through my door like she was crazy. She was exhaling heavily and resting her hands on her knees.

"Are you okay, b-bitch?I thought something was wrong when I heard you scream." Rubi continued to exhale heavily.

I laughed softly. "I was having a nightmare. It wasn't anything serious. I apologize."

Rubi jumped into my bed and rested her head on the pillow. She then took Manny's note and began reading it. "Awww, not your man writing you a sweet little note. I don't like that Spooky didn't leave a note for me, but I'm glad Manny is finally revealing his sweet side."