"Well, we're coming over to yours for dinner once you two are together." Marcus says and I laugh, but roll my eyes. 

"Alright sure Marcus, whatever floats your boat." I say and he chuckles. 

"We should probably get going hey." Marcus says looking at the time and I smile. 

"You better, skipper can't be late." I say. "That wouldn't be setting a good example now would it?" 

"No, it wouldn't." He says as he grabs his keys. 

"Would you be able to wait 5 minutes to give me a lift too?" I ask and Marcus sighs, but nods. 

"Of course, Naughts and Baz would kill me if I don't give you a lift." 

"Oh they definitely will." I say, picking up my plate and walking over to the dishwasher, and chucking my plate in there, before running upstairs to brush my teeth. 

Once that's done, I head back downstairs and walk out the front door, where Marcus and Em are waiting for me in the car. 

"Surprised you didn't drive off." I say hopping in the backseat before Marcus reverses out of the driveway. 

"Gee I'm not that rude." Marcus says whilst Em laughs. 

"18 year old you would've just driven off without me." I say still holding a grudge from when he actually did that. 

"Well you were taking too long and I was going to be late." 

"WE WENT TO THE SAME SCHOOL YOU DIPSHIT."

"Yeah but you know I like arriving early." 

"God, I had homeroom at 8:50, you could rock up at 9am if you wanted to." I say and he sighs. 

"What are you two going on about?" Em asks, clearly confused. 

"I drove off on Tahls cause she was taking too long to get ready for school." 

"Marcus!" Em says. "That is so mean." 

"I know." He says and I smile. 

"So how did you end up getting to school?" Em turns around and asks me and I chuckle. 

"Mum rang Marcus and he had to turn around and come back home to take me." I say and Em laughs. 

"Ohhhhhh she really got ya there." Em says and I laugh. 

"Yep, now he always waits for me." I say and Marcus rolls his eyes as we pull up into the carpark of the Whitten Oval, finding an empty car spot. 

I get out of the car and walk in, where I am greeted by a couple of the boys. 

"Tahlia, finally you're here." Baz says pulling me into a hug and I chuckle. 

"You know my brother drives the speed limit." 

"Bont does nothing wrong." Laith says and I nod, also giving him a hug. 

"Where's my bestie at?" I ask them both and they shrug. 

"Don't know, must be running late." 

"Not good enough." I say and the two boys laugh. 

"Heard you had a date with Mr Worpel last night, how'd it go?" Baz asks and I chuckle. 

"God word gets around pretty fast here doesn't it?" 

"Spreads like wildfire." Laith says and I nod. 

"Literally. But no it was good." 

"Any progress?" Baz asks and I laugh. 

"I guess there has been yeah."