𝟑𝟓 | 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐛𝐞𝐬𝐭 𝐢𝐬𝐧𝐭 𝐠𝐨𝐨𝐝 𝐞𝐧𝐨𝐮𝐠𝐡.

a/n: at some point, we kinda bounce between (Y/n) and Armin's POV, so sorry if anyone gets confused lol

"I never imagined Eren would try to slaughter all of humanity outside the walls." Jean sighed.

You all were standing on a roof, right in the heart of the wreckage of Shiganshina. Dozens of Wall Titans still marched in the areas where the walls used to stand, rumbling the ground with their every stomp. Connie and Jean found your group a little after Eren's Founding Titan stomped away, and they had brought someone along with them.

You had to keep yourself from breaking down into a fit of sobs the moment you laid eyes on Falco. He was human again, but his presence reminded you of the circumstances it took for Falco to find his humanity. The ones who gave their life for his.

Porco and Colt were both gone. You were so busy fighting that you hadn't even realized Colt passed around the same time as Porco, caught up in the blast of Falco's transformation. Hearing the aftermath of Colt's scorched body was mind numbing, you couldn't bear for Connie and Jean to finish telling you about their findings.

You were still in shock. The whole ordeal was unbelievable and you had a hard time wrapping your head around the fact that the closest friend you've ever had, one you've even considered a brother and trusted with everything, was gone just like that.

But at least you still had Falco. You knew that Colt wouldn't have regretted a second if he knew that Falco survived. You were almost too afraid to touch him as he laid in Jean's arms, the faded marks of the Jaw Titan lingering on his face. He still hadn't woken up, but the faint rise and fall of his chest told you he was okay.

"But then again, if everyone outside the walls disappears, the hate will too." Jean said aloud, continuing his earlier thought, "They did this to themselves. They decided we were devils and tried to kill us. There was nothing else we could've done.. right?" Jean searched his friends' eyes, yearning for someone to say something.

There was a long, unsettling beat of silence between you. It seemed that nobody was agreeing nor disagreeing with Jean. Nobody was revealing their opinions. That is, until you felt Armin uncomfortably shift on his feet beside you. As you expected.

"But this is going too far." Armin's voice shook as his wide eyes darted around at the Wall Titans still marching from deeper within Paradis. "This'll be a massacre on a scale never seen before. So many people will die. Innocent people."

"So do we stop him?" Jean asked, though you figured he wasn't expecting a real answer.

"It's not like he's just doing this for the hell of it. He's doing it for us. His friends." Jean debated. It almost sounded like he was trying to convince himself, "He could've went through with Zeke's plan, or sacrificed Historia for the Founding's power, but he didn't. He's doing all of this for us."