𝟏𝟖 | 𝐡𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐭𝐨𝐰𝐧.

"Hey, (Y/n)

"Hey, (Y/n).. You up?"

"No." You groaned. The bed creaked from your weight as you twisted around this way and that way to make yourself comfortable again. But it was no use. You weren't going back to sleep anytime soon.

With a defeated sigh, your groggy eyes blinked open before squinting from the bright sunlight spilling into your cabin through the porthole on the wall.

You nearly expected to wake up in the barracks again and see your friends. See your human alarm clock, Annie, standing over your bed like a stern mother as she always did. Or hear Sasha ramble about how excited she is for breakfast even though everyone knew it was just going to be soup and bread again.

You almost wanted the past day's events to have been an extremely detailed dream. But the faint squawks of seagulls told you otherwise. You were definitely still on a ship. A ship that sat at the Border of Heaven; the edge of Paradis.

"Well when you do get up.. Bertholdt and I plan on talking to Zeke about everything." Reiner's muffled voice said to you from behind the door, "Come find us when you can."

"'Kay. I'm coming." Your strained voice replied as you did a deep stretch. You didn't even bother to change out of your clothes from how tired you were last night, so all you had to do was slip on your shoes and recollect your thoughts for awhile before stepping out your cabin.

You shuffled down the hallway absentmindedly, a throw blanket wrapped around you for some extra warmth. You were so out of it, you didn't even notice someone calling your name until the third time they said it.

"(Y/n)."

You blinked out of your sleepy daze to do a full 360 of the hallway. Your eyebrows creased together when you spotted no one. Have I officially gone insane? "H-Hello?"

"Down here."

You were sure your heart skipped a beat the moment you went to look at the floor. With a squeal, you jumped backwards, falling back onto the wall.

A woman was on all fours at your feet. Messy black hair was covering everything on her face besides lidded brown eyes that stared up at you creepily. She giggled breathily before slipping some strands of hair behind her ears, finally showing her full face.

"Jesus, Pieck! What the hell are you doing?" You exclaimed breathlessly, clutching at your chest to ease your poor heart, "Why are you on the floor?"

"Sorry. I didn't mean to scare you." She laughed with an easygoing demeanor like she didn't just make you have three heart attacks, "It's just easier for me to walk this way." At your skeptical stare and panicked breathing, she explained herself, "Walking this way feels more natural. Spending so many months in the Cart Titan makes walking on two legs feel weird."