𝟐𝟏 | 𝐬𝐞𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐥𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐫.

If you were to look at the land outside of Wall Maria, you'd think everything was totally fine

If you were to look at the land outside of Wall Maria, you'd think everything was totally fine. Nothing but plain fields and sparse blades of grass, some big patches burned away from where the Colossal Titan once stood over Shiganshina.

But if you looked a little closer or had a more attentive eye, you'd realize that all the mounds of land, curving up from the ground in random places.. weren't really hills at all.

Wiping a bead of sweat from his brow, Reiner grunted as he placed another bag of sand onto the lumpy pile he created. One more bag and this one would be done.

He took one last peek in the hole still uncovered at the top of the pile, giving him a birds eye view of the man lying in the ground beneath it. Like a small spotlight, the sun shone in the man's unfocused eyes, blinking one at a time. Spit drooled from the corner of his mouth as he smiled wide at Reiner.

Poor guy couldn't even tell he was being buried alive.

"Reiner. Are you almost done with your pile?" Zeke asked as he walked up.

Reiner hastily stepped back from the pile, slightly shaken, "Yes, sir. It's done."

"Good job, Braun." Zeke clapped Reiner on the shoulder before yelling out in the other direction, "Hoover, hand me a tube, please!"

"Got it, sir!" Bertholdt rushed over with a medium-sized metal cylinder in hand, practically shoving it in Zeke's hands.

Zeke nodded his head in thanks before walking up to the pile of sand-bags, no taller than his knee. He knelt over to slide the tube through the opening.. a perfect fit. The end of it stuck out of the ground just a little, but not enough to be noticeable. Just how Zeke wanted it.

"Alright! Now he'll be able to breathe!" Zeke clapped his hands together once, "Time to pack on the dirt."

The three instantly got to work, each one grabbing a shovel to toss thick clumps of soil and grass onto the pile, giving it some natural camouflage to blend into the rest of the land. They even tossed a couple small rocks on it.

They stepped back to take a look at their handy work. At all of it. Mounds of dirt were scattered throughout the land generously, each one, a different person buried in a hole underneath. If it were anyone else walking up to Wall Maria, they'd have thought these dirt mounds have always been there and no one just hadn't really noticed.

Excited, Zeke slung his arms around both Bertholdt and Reiner's shoulders, shaking them as he beamed, "And we got it all done before night fall! Isn't that great?"

Bertholdt's eyes flicked up to the sky, it's baby blue hue already fading away into the sunset.

He laughed meekly, "Yeah.. Sure."

"Why aren't you guys more excited?" Zeke asked curiously, his head swinging to look at the both of Bertholdt and Reiner's faces.

They both looked uneasy, and rightfully so, considering they've just buried a bunch of townspeople in the ground.