12

rue pulled liv into the street, holding her hand tightly and olivia stumbling into her arms.

the two girls together weren't a good mix right now. olivia was high, and rue was going through a manic withdrawal episode. who knows what kind of trouble the could get into.

"rue! my car." liv said. rue shook her head.

"yeah. we probably shouldn't be driving." she explained, walking unsteadily. olivia shrugged and nodded.

"right."

she looked ahead and noticed how empty it was outside. it was only rue and liv walking in the middle of the long, empty street, holding each other's hands to keep them stable. the ground was shiny and wet, and olivia felt eerily calm. like she was safe and in danger at the same time.

"wait, so, like, what happened? your mom told me jules and elliot..." liv began, breaking the silence. rue continued to look ahead.

"i don't want to fucking talk about it, liv." she said.

olivia nodded and looked down at the ground. she didn't want to push rue's buttons.

rue looked at her and felt bad for snapping. but, she was irritable.

"they didn't tell her about you." she said. olivia nodded. that was good. besides rue, elliot and now jayson and jules, no one knew about the drugs.

silence fell over the girls again. they continued to walk down the street, rue leading the way.

"where are we going?" liv wondered. rue hesitated.

"fezco's." she answered eventually.

liv stopped in her steps and let go of rue's hand, turning around right away. rue limped quickly to get ahead of her, stopping liv from walking away.

"olivia, please. i'm going through withdrawal right now and i just need fucking drugs in my system. just come with me and let me get them and then i swear to fucking god we'll be out of there right away. alright?" rue rambled. in that moment, she would do anything for olivia to stay with her. she didn't want to be by herself, and she knew olivia was the only person who would stay right now and help her get what she wanted.

"you'll get me some, too?" liv asked, thinking after a second. rue nodded.

"sure. yeah, whatever you want." she said.

drugs. the only thing that would get olivia to do the opposite of what she wanted to.

they walked the rest of the way in silence. rue grabbed olivia's hand again, and it was their silent way of reminding each other the other was there with them.

they finally got to fezco's after a while, and rue took the initiative to knock on the door. it was more of a bang, and they saw fezco walk up and look through the blinds.

fez and liv made eye contact through the window immedietly, and each of them froze. it took rue banging on the door again for them to snap out of it, and fezco opened it up to let the two girls inside.

"what's up, kid?" fez asked, not looking liv's way.

"hey." rue greeted. she was still holding liv's hand, but olivia let go and crossed her arms over her chest.