chapter-84

Krushis POV

The morning was busy as there was a baby shower ceremony in the village.
I completed my morning chores and waited for Urvi to show me the way to the well after brooming and moping the house with the helpers. She had told me she washes her clothes there.

"Bhabhi sa, give me your clothes. I will wash it." She came with a tub filled with clothes and a small jar of detergent and a soap.
"Why would you wash them? I know how to wash."

"But bhabhi sa, I have to bathe there. You will feel uncomfortable bathing there infront of so many women." She said.
She has a point.

"Ok, can you wait for sometime. I will bathe here in the washroom and then we will go together to the well. I will wash my hair there itself."

"But bhabhi sa I have to prepare breakfast and help the ladies in the preparations.."
"Don't worry for the breakfast. We will together make it together quickly. I won't take much time."

"Okay." I rushed to the bathroom and quickly took bath.
Within 15 minutes I came out of the bathroom covering myself completely with my saree that I had worn the previous day.

In 10 minutes I was ready.

"Let's go." I came out with all the clothes that had to be washed.

---------------------------------------

We walked across the field.
"Urvi, how old are you?"
"20"
"Are you studying now?"
"No."
"Do you want to study further?"
"No but I want to work. I had seen my mother stitching and doing embroidery. I too want to do that."

"Here is the well, bhabhi sa. Give me that bucket. I will fill the tub."
Pulling water from the well looked too dangerous but she did it so easily.

"Woah."

We washed the clothes together talking about the village and all.

-----------------------------------------

For the baby shower , Urvi and me went together to help with the decorations.
Urvi introduced me to the lady whose baby shower was celebrated.
"Bhabhi sa, she is Vidhi and she is my jethani. Jaipur wale jethji's wife."
"Namaste." I wished her.

After the decorations were done, Vidhi's mother-in-law asked Urvi and some other ladies to bring her to the seat.

Vidhi's mother and mother-in-law took some chillies , mustard seed and some salt and ran it around her from head to toes for 7 times to ward off the evil eye.

Then one by one married woman gifted her the gifts, fruits, rice, coconut.

Kaki directed me what all to offer as I never had attended these type of functions.
"God bless you with a healthy child." I tied a gold chain on her neck.

I learnt how many things I had missed. I hadn't attend Bhavya bhabhi's baby shower.

The glow on Vidhi's face is something different. There was a constant smile on her face.

If only I had attended her baby shower. I controlled my tears from falling.

Soon the older women started singing and dancing.

"Bahurani , when will you give us the good news?" One old aunty asked.

"Whenever my patidev agrees." I looked at Abhimaan who was already looking at me from the terrace where all the males had assembled now.

"Then you should make him agree."
"What to do aunty, he's always busy with his work that he doesn't acknowledges me. Dukh he dukh bhare hain mere jivan mein (my life is filled with sadness)." I joked. Everytime why should I be a spoilsport?