chapter-83

Abhimaan's POV

Me and Krushi will be setting out for Devpur, which is Daadu's native place, early morning. We will be staying there for atleast a week as we didn't get to spend time together properly.  So basically, it's our honeymoon. My schedule and meetings will be taken over by Papa.

I woke up before Krushi and went to gym not before pecking her lips.

After some light workout, I went to take bathe.

I saw Maa and Krushi talking something in a low voice. Seeing me they both kept quiet. That's sus.

"Why are you both quiet?"

"Nothing. You go and bathe. You are stinking." Maa said.

"I don't even smell that bad, Maa." I smelled myself.

"Good morning." I back-hugged Krushi and placed a kiss on her crown.
"Good morning." She said lowly.

Shy?
We heard Maa clearing her throat.

"Good morning, Maa."  I went to hug her but she stepped back.

"I have taken bathe, don't come near me with all sweat." Maa said.
"Pack that too, okay. Come quickly for puja." Maa said to Krushi and left us.

"How about a morning kiss?"  I pulled Krushi close whilst she scrunched her nose.

"You smell worse than an ancient fish." She tried pushing me.

"Hey, i don't smell even that bad."

"Yes, you do. Now go. We have to go down for puja. Go go." She pushed me till the bathroom with her tiny winy hands.

                              Krushi's POV

I was drying my hair when Maa knocked the door.

"Please come inside. You don't have to knock."  I covered my head with the veil.

"It's not civil to invade a newly married's privacy." Maa said.
I couldn't help but smile at her.

"Let's sit." We both sat on the couch.
"I have informed the caretakers and your kaki saas about both of your visit. Also there is a baby shower ceremony in the village, so these are the gifts and give this bag to your kaki saas." She forwarded two paper bags.

"Sure, Maa." I said.
"What!" Maa was surprised.
I couldn't understand.

"You called me Maa?" Her voice trembled a bit with sadness and happiness.
"You didn't like?" I was having second thoughts about addressing her like that.

"No, it's not that. I liked it. You always called me 'aunty' so this was much unexpected from you........ I can't even voice out what I feel.......... I thought you didn't accept me as your mother." Few tears trailed off.

"I am so happy." She said wiping her tears.
I hugged her.
"I am sorry I couldn't make you comfortable here." She said.

"No, Maa. You always made me comfortable. After marriage, you took care of my comfort first than Abhimaan. "

"I made the  environment sad." I shook my head as no.

"I came for one more thing."
"What is it ,Maa?"

"Well, it's a tradition in our family that the newly weds should visit our  clan-deity after the pagpheraAs your college started, we thought to hold up that. But now you have college leave for two weeks, you both should take blessings for a healthy marriage. And one more thing your kaki saas will be taking you to the temple on full moon day. People say that the couples who consummate on the night after visiting the temple, their wedding is successful for 7 lives."