Chapter 8

It was almost 7 in the evening. Everyone in the Mishra family was ecstatic to welcome Rina's family.

Sudha and Puja had prepared a delicious dinner which consists pulao, dal tadka, shahi paneer, gobi matar, puri,chutney, papad, dahi and rasgulle in dessert.

Ujjwal was worried sick about what is he going to do in front of Rina's parents. He had met them but only as Rina's friend and his sisters were not helping at all.

Riya, Ruchi and Prachi can't miss this once in while opportunity to tease their brother. But after getting scolded by mother they ran out to their rooms to get ready.

Ujjwal finally called Raj and Rohan for some moral support. He needed some boy company for himself. They tried to calm him down.

Ruchi came downstairs and went straight to greet Raj. She was joking and laughing with him when a giggling Riya came downstairs with Prachi.

The memories of last night came back hitting Raj hard. Yesterday night he had seen Riya as an angel under the moonlight and she was looking nothing less right now in that gorgeous white outfit.

Her giggles were like some music to his ears and her smile was something he found most beautiful in this world

"Bro, I called you to help me but instead you are ogling at my sister." Hearing Ujjwal's words his Raj stared at him with wide eyes. Rohan laughed at that but soon faked it under cough when Raj glared at him.

"It isn't like that." Raj gave him an embarrassed look. He smacked himself mentally for getting caught while admiring her. But then frowned thinking that why is he admiring her like this?

Before he could think any further Riya chirped in, "heyy!" She smiled widely at them. The same smile Raj had started to like recently a bit too much for his own good.

After a while Rina came with her parents. Both the families were happy for their child and wanted nothing more than their well-being.

"When Rina told us about Ujjwal we were glad that she chose someone worthy of her. Pradeep ji we only have Rina as our child and we only want her to be in safe hands." Pratap Thakur, Rina's father said to Pradeep who nodded understanding his emotions.

"Pratap ji we have 3 daughters of our own in our family and we would be glad to welcome Rina as our fourth. You do not need to worry. I can understand your emotions, after all I too have a daughter." Pradeep said assuring both Pratap and his wife.

"Okay then. Shaadi pakki?" Riya asked excitedly.

Everyone laughed at that and Rina's mother said softly. "Yes dear. I think we can do the  khaan paan ki rasam on Sunday?" Sudha looked at her husband and then nodded her head, "sure, we can fix the marriage date on that day."

**( Khaan paan ki rasam : ritual of Khaan paan. It is just like Shagun in which the bride's side and the groom's side of family give each other gifts and fix the marriage officially. Mishra and Thakur family are Maithil. The people who are from Mithila are known as Maithil.)

Everyone congratulated each other and Riya hugged Rina excitedly. "Finally Rina di se Rina Bhabhi!!" She squealed happily at which Rina blushed slightly.

"Come on Bhabhi. I'll show you Bhai's room." Saying so she started dragging Rina upstairs. The Thakurs were elated to see that their daughter is getting so much love from her soon to be in-laws and the Mishras were happy to see that Rina is getting along well with them already.

Ujjwal was busy admiring the beautiful bond between his sister and girlfriend, soon to be wife that he forgot that he had created a mess in his room.

"Oh shit."