Chapter 9 Part 3: La Grande Illusion

Start from the beginning

Angus: You sure you're up to it?

Scott: Relax, I'm just going on a quick walk around. I'll be back in an hour.

Scott walks out and sees the front area is covered in snow. He's shocked to see this, he wonders how long it's been since he's been here. He puts the hood on and goes on his walk. As he walks he thinks about all that's happened in the last few days and all the progress he's gotten in his training. He finally feels like, with the help of Angus, that he can truly make a difference.

As he walks, he sees something in the distance that gives him pause. He saw Archie Andrews and Clifford Blossom walk into a tailor store. Scott was shocked by this, what the hell was happening and how much did he miss. Seeing Archie reminded him of the life that he's forgotten, he began to start missing his friends Betty, Jughead...Veronica. But until he felt ready, he's gonna remain gonna have remain a ghost.

As Scott heads back to St.Lawrence, he crosses by the Whyte Worm. The damage wasn't as bad as before, but some windows were still broken from before. But something caused him to stop in his tracks, the same guy who shot him. He was free, laughing, showing no regret. The smile on that guys face filled Scott up with so much anger and rage, he could just explode. He wanted nothing more than to go over there and beat him to a pulp. But he knew if he did that, he'd be dead in a second.

- - - - ST.LAWRENCE CHURCH BASEMENT- - - -
Later that night, Angus walked down the stairs with a plate of food. When he reached the bottom, he saw Scott, now dressed in his tattered Mask Vigilante costume, getting ready to go back out.

Angus: What are you doing boyo?

Scott: I have to do this.

Angus: You're not ready... Look at you, you can barely stand up.

Scott: That doesn't matter now. I've been down here to long, like it or not but this town needs me and I'm going... whether you like it or not.

Angus wanted to say something more but he knew that whatever he said wouldn't change anything. He really did care about Scott, grew to see him as more than just ally... but as a friend.

Angus: What happens if you come back?

Scott: Than I'll go home. Go back to my life and continue where I left off.

Angus: And if you don't?

Scott: There's a paper near the window seal. It has a list of names, addresses, and phone numbers. I want you to contact everyone on that list and tell them everything. They deserve to know... especially her.

   Scott puts the mask over his eyes, grabs the swords heads toward the basement stairs. Before walking up, he stops and places his hand on Angus shoulder.

Scott: Thank you for everything Angus. I'll never forget you.

   He heads up the stairs, heading toward the unknown. Leaving Angus at a crossroads of what he should do.

                  - - - - THE WHYTE WORM- - - -
During a snow storm, Mustang walks out of the Whyte worm. He stubbles and wobbles, he's clearly drunk. As he crosses into a nearby alley, a certain clanging noice begins to ring. He starts to panic, wondering where that noise is coming from. He looks in the distance and sees a man dressed in black, clanging two swords together.

Mustang was incredibly confused by this, but was up for a fight. He pulls out his switchblade and runs forward. The fight between the two is fierce and violent, but The Mask Vigilante is still hurt and not healed all the way. As the fight continues, Mustang kicks The Mask Vigilante in the ribs, causing the vigilante to fall to his knees. Now vulnerable, he gets a mean right hook to Mustang, then he collapses to the ground.

As he's on the ground. He thinks back to that night everything changed for him. When he was a kid, confusing what he thought to be jingle bells, was actually police sirens. Young Scott walked down the stairs, hoping to see Santa, but instead he saw his grandfather talking to officers, who are telling him the news that his son wouldn't be home for Christmas. That memory, that night, he didn't want Veronica to go through the same thing. With all his strength, he gets back up, taunting Mustang, ready for round two.

NOTICE: START VIDEO AT 1:39/REPLACE RAIN WITH SNOW

As Mustang is on the ground. The Masked Vigilante grabs a chain and wraps it around his neck. Before this was all over, he was gonna get some answers.

The Masked Vigilante: Now! You're gonna answer some questions. What do you know about Jason Blossoms?!

Mustang: I don't

The Masked Vigilante: DON'T LIE TO ME!!!

Mustang: If I say... he'll kill me.

The Masked Vigilante: Who'll kill you. Who?!?

Mustang: I...Can't...Breathe...Please!!!

Hearing is plea, The Masked Vigilante removes the chain around Mustang neck. He then lets out a wailing scream to the sky. As he looks down at the snow covered ground, a hand rest on his shoulder. He looks up to see Angus, standing over him and giving him a nod of approval. He helps him up and as they walk away, a faint voice is heard in the distance.

Mustang: Who... are you?

He stops in his tracks and looks over his shoulder. If you could see, it almost looks like he was smiling.

The Masked Vigilante: I'm the Knight.

After that, Angus and The Knight disappear in the white snowy distance... disappearing from Mustang point of view, just before passes out and fall unconscious.

JUGHEAD VO: It seemed that, for Veronica,the sins of the father would remain simply that. While Archie Andrews returned from the brinkwith one more bit of news.

- - - -THE BLUE AND GOLD- - - -
The next morning, Archie is recapping what went on at the Blossom Family tree tapping ceremony and the earth shattering news he learned while there.

Archie: At the banquet, I heard Mr. And Mrs. Blossom talking. It sounded like Clifford Blossom was responsible for sending Veronica's dad to jail.

Betty: Oh, my God. If Clifford sent Hiram Lodge to jail, tore apart his family, then maybe Hiram was trying to do the same thing to him?

Jughead: Yeah, by going after what the Blossoms value most, their family, their legacy.That's a motive.

JUGHEAD VO : Winter had come early to Riverdale. Brutal and unforgiving. Did it work? Are the vultures appeased? We're not out of the woods yet.

As the three childhood friends discuss this latest bombshell. The door opens and to their shock, Scott is standing there, bandaged up face and all, with slight smirk on his face.

Scott: So... what'd I miss?

JUGHEAD VO : But it would be nothing compared to the storm that was gathering.