Chapter 9 Part 1: La Grande Illusion

Start from the beginning

Scott: Thank you.

Angus O'Reliey: Don't mention it, get some rest.

    Angus leaves the basement to give Scott some alone time. But Scott can't sleep, instead he looks out the window and the snowy weather outside reminds him of the pass. 

- -TAMAKI HOUSE SAN FRANCISCO, 2009- -

   In a quiet home, in San Francisco, The Tamaki Family are decorating the house getting ready for Christmas

   In a quiet home, in San Francisco, The Tamaki Family are decorating the house getting ready for Christmas. Mark Tamaki is hanging stockings up on the fireplace, Jessica Wilson and Aaron Tamaki are decorating the Christmas tree, and little Scott Tamaki is watching the snow out the window. Mark notices that his youngest son is alone,looking out the window, and decides to go over there and give him company.

Mark Tamaki: You ok champ?

Scott doesn't answer, just shrugs his shoulders.

Mark: I see you enjoying the view huh? Y'know we don't get a lot snow here, so that probably means this Christmas is gonna be very special huh?

Scott still doesn't answer his father, just continues to watch out the window. Mark is trying to get his sons attention but can tell something more is bothering him.

Mark: You wanna tell me how you got that black eye?

He then touches Scotts eye, which causes him flinch.

Scott: Just some kids

Mark: Oh really? Is that why Ritchie Turners mom called me and said her son came home broken nose? What really happened Scott.

Scott: They said you were gonna lose. That it was no point of you running and our family is filled with nothing but losers.

Mark: Son, look at me. Not everyone is gonna like me, and you can't beat up everyone who disagrees with you or me. You have to learn to control your anger, use your hands to make a difference ok?

Even though Scott is young, he still listens and respect his father. He nods and agreement.

Mark: Good, now how about you and me help your mother and brother with that tree huh? There gonna need some strong men to help them out with this one.

     Scott chuckles and moved from the couch and heads to the Christmas tree, followed by his father. The memory fades back to present day, with Scott who is still looking out the windows the same way he did as a kid. He wondered deep in thought if his father would approve as to how he decided to use his fist, and if he truly was making a difference.

- - - -ST.LAWRENCE CHURCH BASEMENT- - - -
   The next day Scott is awaken with another Breakfast plate, with a bottle of aspirin on the side, given to him by Angus.

Scott: Thanks.

   To Angus surprise, Scott begins eating the food before taking the aspirin.

Angus: Well I'll be damned, he eats.

    Scott groans from Angus joke. While eating, Angus notice that Scott is distracted by something.

Angus: Something on your mind boyo

Scott: Yeah, you bet you ass there is. First off how'd the hell did you find me, second why take me in, and third why not turn me in to the cops?

Angus: Well, it's not everyday that you find a teenager wearing a black leotard bleeding out in a dumpster.

Scott: It's not a leotard.

Angus: if you say so sonny.

    While talking, Scott and Angus begin to sit on the couch.

Angus: I've seen you around here sonny. It's brave what you're doing,stupid but brave.

   This was the first time Scott herd anything positive said about the Masked Vigilante, and he would be lying if he said he didn't feel a little proud of the compliment.

Scott: I don't know, I just think that the more I do this the more someone is gonna get hurt.

Angus: Not by the way you fight.

   Scott give Angus a double take, He was somewhat offended by what just came out of his mouth.

Scott: Excuse me?

Angus: Your fighting style is sloppy, untamed, and all over the place. In conclusion, you fight like me drunken mother.

Scott: Yeah, like you know any better.

Angus: I served for eight-years in the military boyo, this old dog still can bite.

    Scott rolled his eyes and shook his head, What did this old guy, who smelled like 3-day old liquor know anything about fighting.

Angus: You don't believe me huh.

   Scott chuckles and rolls his eyes, which prompts Angus to get up from the couch and face Scott.

Angus: Well, strike me.

Scott: What?

Angus: You heard me! Go ahead, give it ya best shot.

Scott: I don't wanna hurt ya.

Angus: Oh, don't have yer nickers in a bunch and strike me down you black leotard wearing looney.

    Scott gets up and attempts to strikes him, but is quickly thrown over his shoulder and lands hard on the concrete ground. Scott is bewildered and in awe as to what just happened. He looks up to see Angus, with a smug smirk on his face with his hand out.

Angus: This old dog still can bite.

    Scott takes Angus hand and he brought back up.

Scott: What else do you know?

Angus: A lot more than you know sonny.

    Angus, once again, has his hand out for Scott. Scott give Angus a smirk and they shake hands, a beautiful friendship has just blossomed.