X - Santa Monica Blvd

My phone buzzes on the nightstand beside the bed I'm lying in and takes my attention from the grey ceiling above me. I turn to the side just enough to reach it and unlock it. It's a reply from my mom wishing me a goodnight as well as I did to her some hours ago.

Before I lock and put it down again I check the time. Almost two in the morning. I take a deep breath when I resume the position I was in before. I'm not being able to sleep and that is saying something because, however I'm feeling, I always manage to sleep well, despite of certain occasions.

I turn my gaze to the wide window on the wall at my right and sigh again, messing around with a strip of my hair, still damp from the shower, aware of the night light entering my room. I enjoy being like this, in that dark. Still facing the sky outside, I allow myself to sit up, holding my knees for some minutes before getting actually out of the bed and popping my head out of the window. There's a fresh summer night breeze and, at it, I close my eyes, inhaling the air and trying to feel it filling the lungs inside me.

After doing it sufficient times to feel my thoughts refeshed I turn around looking for my bottle of water that I always bring along with me, remembering I'm thirsty. It is next to my phone on my nightstand and as I round my bed to reach it, I sigh noticing it is empty. I grab it and exit my room making as little noise as possible, not to wake Harry up as I pass by the door of his bedroom

There's presence lights all over the house so I easily make my way to the kitchen. My feet almost leave the ground when I'm surprised by Harry's figure leaning back on the counter. I lean myself on the door frame so as to catch my breath.

"Can't sleep, uh?" He asks, his voice lower than usual, taking a sip of something he's drinking and looking at me attentively over the mug he holds, somehow not seaming surprised at all for seeing me there. Maybe he heard me walking or something and sensed my presence before I could sense his.

"Could ask you the same." I look up to face him and wide my eyes discretely as I see his naked torso, those tattooed animals and ferns of his very well in display. Luckily, he's wearing grey sweatpants covering the rest of his body and not the opposite, although they still hang dangerously low on his small waist.

Hesitantly, I make my way to the sink a few feet beside him, hoping the warmth I feel spreading on my face isn't visible to him, in order to fill my bottle with water and return to my bedroom as soon as possible.

"Ah, I'm used to it, at this point." His gaze drifts away from me when I walk past him and now, focusing on his drink with a casual frown "Guess I am a night person, after all."

I chuckle a little at the reference of our previous conversation, even though we both know that isn't quite true, with no intentions of looking at him again, although my accurate peripheral vision isn't helping me with that at all.

He finishes his drink and, to my horror, comes towards the sink where I just finished my task, and leans almost over me to put his mug away. I hold my breath when, before instinctively steping away, I feel the heat radiating from him on my right arm.

Before I could do anything I realize myself heading back upstairs along with Harry. It is somewhat awkward, because we just suddenly started walking side by side without saying a word, until he had the decency to speak, making me almost stop in the middle of the stairs at his statement "We should have each other's phone number."

I glance at him, although quickly regretting, and simply say "You're right. We'll take care of it tomorrow or something."

I think he nods, I'm not sure though, because by that time I leave him by the door of his bedroom and lead myself to mine.