V - Concert Day (part three) - On Stage

I remain paralyzed. Did I do something wrong? Every possibility comes on my mind for why is Harry Styles stopping his concert to have me particularly on stage with him. And is it a bad or a good sign? I wake up a little bit more when I feel a hand in my back and my limbs suddenly feel numb and heavy. Since I'm already able to move I turn my head to see Kate making me a sign of encouragement, although deep in her eyes I sense a bit of something I can't define.

A security guard is already making a way through the barriers in front of me and I follow him through them as he guides me to the little stairs on one side of the stage. I keep my head held up high, but I'm so confused and scared about what's happening. Is it really happening, though? I keep feeling a superior attention directed to me, as well as all the other eyes that can reach me. Silent murmurs as I walk.

I finally make my way up the stairs as the security guard stays on the ground. Once up there I don't know what else to do but spin in place as I look around the arena. The emptiness became an ocean of people, some of them increasing the human noise to cheerings. I had forgot how much I love this sensation of being on stage, and feeling the lights on me, although the times it happened to me are very few, if not nonexistent. But I've always admired it.

The sounds increase a little and I notice Harry getting closer. My heart first threatens to be stopped for good by that grip again, but then I breath deeply and make my way to Harry myself. I finally take a good close look at him and it's a complete different intimidating feeling knowing that, in this moment, his attention is all for me.

"Hi..!" His smile is so friendly and caring and I wonder how one could be such a precious being. But in it, I sense he's also hesitating, in some way.

"Hi, Harry..." My voice almost fails but I'm surprisingly able to keep it in control. We make eye contact for two seconds before he talks again "Tell me your name."

"I'm Diana Brown."

His green gaze sparkles. He is speaking on the microphone but I feel like he's having that conversation with me more for his own well-being than to show the others, and he's only doing that as a respectful person.

"Diana, I... I heard you sing down there and... Would you mind singing it again for me, please?" My stomach butterflies almost get out through my mouth as some people applaud and scream encouraging me, while others are, probably, staring judging me jealously. But I can only focus on Harry, really.

"Huh, I mean.. sure, why not?" Just trying not to desperate. "Do you want me to play or you do it?" I ask pointing at his guitar still hanging on him, suddenly feeling confident.

"Do you know how to play?" He asks admired.

"I do." I giggle and smile.

"Well, then.." He looks behind himself to his band and reaches for another acoustic guitar. "Here you go." He hands me the guitar looking and smiling at me too.

"I suppose it's in tune.." I say more to myself while putting it on and randomly struming down a Cmajor chord. Then, on other chords I start strumming Fine Line. He quickly places a microphone in front of me as I say, away from it just for him to hear, playfully but honestly needing some help "Would you mind to sing with me, please?"

He smiles like a kid on a Christmas morning "Of course." Then he places another microphone, almost face to face with me, for himself and starts strumming his guitar as well. Eye contact as we start singing the first line, him on a lower tone and me on a higher. Now, more screams come from the crowd as they hear how good our voices are together. Finally, I think to myself.

Harry smiles even more as if something he waited his whole life for finally happened. It's so good to see that look on his face while he watches me. I smile back at him, not being able to contain it and my heart grows from the grip.

I take a glance at the crowd appreciating and internalizing that moment, feeling the lights on my face and Harry's presence close to me. I dare to say this is what Heaven feels like. There's only the sound of our guitars and voices in the arena. I make melodie changes as I usually do, only this time I'm doing it in front of more than thousand poeple and with the actual real Harry in front of me, listening to me. Of course they all cheer up for us. Or for me, I can't tell. But either way, I don't care about what they feel or not. In this moment I only care about what Harry feels and, by facing him again, he's now more serious but his eyes give away the administration that he's feeling for me. For some reason.

We end the song and, for seconds, there is only silence as our echos fade away. Or maybe it is only me losing my audition when I suddenly feel his arms around me after he puts his guitar down.

"Thank you." Away from the microphone and still holding me, he says it so softly that my butterflies remind me they are still here and very much alive.

"My pleasure." I let a smile run over my face, even though he can't see it, I think he stills hears it in my voice. When he lets me go he approaches the microphone once again "Alright, we're going to pretend the show is over now, but I'll come back and do a few more songs for you."

He immediately gets ready to get out of the stage and I do the same to return to my spot in the crowd with a story to tell after asking them if they saw that too. However, Harry changes my plans" Follow me."