{11}

Aria s pov

6:38 am

I sit on the edge of my window reading one of my favorite books. Taking in the world. The birds singing, the scooters going down the bumpy streets, and the man down the street that sings and plays guitar for money. His name is Leo. Super nice guy.

I wave to him every morning threw my window. I do the same to all my neighbors in the morning.

So I sit on the edge listening to Leo play. It's peaceful before everyone wakes up for school or work.

Comforting. Quiet. It's my favorite time. Morning, it's just peaceful. Not that I don't love night. It's just morning is just better I guess.

I sip one of my favorite tea's while reading my poetry.
Last night I found a white rose in my bag.
I already knew it was from Matteo. It was pretty though. The petals were perfect.

"Well hello ace." I almost fall of the edger hearing his voice down below.

I put my hand to my heart slowing down my heart rate. "Oh my gosh Matteo you scared the living heck out of me." I slow down my breathing.

He puts his hands infront acting as if that would would do something to help.

"Sorry I didn't mean to startle you. I was just passing by, I didn't know you lived here." He scratches the back of his head looking like he just say a ghost.

"No no... your fine just scared me." I chuckled still having my hand on my heart, taking a sip of tea.

"Hey by the way I'm pretty sure you left something in my back yesterday." I wipe off any access tea on my lip.

"Oh yea?" He smirks swaying back and forth.

"Yea. Any idea what you left?" I ask shrugging my shoulders up and down as I talk.

"I really don't know ace. Care to refresh my memory?" He says holding two fingers behind his back.

I laugh standing off from the edge and into my bedroom to grab the rose. I walk to the side of my bed grabbing it from the side table.

"Hey also did you ever start to-" I say as I'm walking back to the window.

When my eyes meet the side walk he was no where to be seen. Weird. I drop the flower leaning my my window seal looking around for him. I shrug walking down stairs.

I tip toe quietly past vivian passed out on our bed.

I go out side out front door to a white rose and red rose on our front porch, right infront of me. I cross my arms leaning down to pick it up.

I walk to the back side of our house with the roses still in hand. I walk out to our little greenhouse where my mother paints. I walk into classical music.

"Hey mom."

"Hello darling. How are you this morning?" She asked giving me a warm smile keeping her eyes on the portrait she was painting.

"I'm ok... do you at any chance like red roses?" I ask waiting to now if it had meaning.

"Your father loved red roses. So I keep one in my apron pocket to keep him with me. Why?"

I see you Matteo.

"Remember matteo from yesterday?" I ask walking around all of the beautiful paintings SHES painted over the years.

"Well yes of course. Very nice boy it seams." He smiles now taking her attention off the painting to me.

"Well I think this is for you.." I give her the red rose. "He asked me once if I liked red or white roses, I said white and he slipped one into my bag. And this was left on our door step." I smile as she smells the rose.

"Huh. Am I aloud to be impressed?" My mom asked shimming her shoulders towards me.

"Sooooooo what are you painting this early?" I ask trying to change the subject as soon as possible.

"Well I'm painting me and your father painting." I gave her a confused look to her words.

I step over to see what she was painting. In front of me was the back of my mothers head lying on my dads shoulder as they both painted.

"I miss him." I whisper softly clasping my hands on my mothers shoulder.

"I miss him too."

this is purely for my entertainment😭🤚