Homecoming

Kakashi POV:

When I was returning from the market after collecting the supplies, I noticed a shadow lurking around near our inn. That's when I sensed a very familiar chakra signature. The same chakra I got when Sasuke killed Itachi. I get it, its that masked man.

I dropped my supplies immediately and was caught up with that masked person. I was successfully able to drag him out of the residencial area to the nearby forest zone.

He was wearing Akatsuki outfit and introduced himself as Madara Uchiha, the leader of Akatsuki. I knew the only purpose he was lurking here was to get a hand on Naruto. After all, that's what they do, hunting tailed beast.

That fight with the so called Madara was quiet interesting and heart breaking too.

Yes, who would have known behind that mask I will see my long lost comrade and friend Uchiha Obito.

I was stunned when I managed to break his mask. How was he so much consumed in all this evil. He said that my killing of Rin have caused his downfall. I tried to clear up everything that happened on that day. Rin knowingly jumped in front of my Chidori. It was a complete suicide. But Obito didn't seem to get it.

Whatever I tried to convey, he was not convinced at all and was displaying a pure rage.

At that moment, I didn't knew what I shall do, shall I fight him. If I fight him I will have to use his parting gift, the sharingan against him. I can't do that.

I tried to not use that sharingan, rather depend on my own strength. But it was not working for the long term. So I broke my rule and used his sharingan against him.

After such a long fight, I was able to defeat him. When I approached towards him to carry him, he immediately performed several hand signs that made a barrier around himself.

For the last time, he smiled towards me, saying he will now be able to be with Rin. The last thing he did was gauge out his own Rinnegan and threw it towards me, saying,

"Sorry Kakashi, I can't return to Konoha at this point, as I not in mood in sharing any information I have, take this, my last gift, give it to the last surviving Uchiha. Tell him I am giving him this as an apology of what I have done to his clan along with Itachi. Goodbye Kakashi".

I caught that Rinnegan in one hand. Again a parting gift from the same person. I smiled towards him under my mask and said, " See ya, Obito, wish you have a good time with Rin".

With that being said, his body was covered in a lightning sphere, completely destroying his whole body. Not even a piece of cloth was remaining there.

I wiped away my tears. Time to focus. I took out a scroll and sealed the Rinnegan in it placing it again in my vest. That's when I saw Kirin at a distance along with a sharp cry. Its definitely Sasuke.

I sensed Naruto's chakra near Sasuke. I was pleading to god constantly about the safety of both. Naruto is in no good shape to handle Sasuke. I picked up my speed and rushed towards there as fast as possible.

******************

When I reached there, the cries of Sasuke had already died down. I saw in the middle of a crater, Naruto was sitting with a probably sleeping Sasuke in his arms. As much I know Sasuke, he will definitely not allow anyone near him like that. It only means either he is unconscious or sleeping.

I approached them silently. Naruto looked up towards me. Smiling with tears in his eyes. I released the breath I was unconsciously holding. I crouched down near them and petted both of them.

I saw Sasuke sleeping very peacefully. His face so serene, so calm, eyes swollen maybe due to crying. Tear stains evident on his cheeks. I lightly hugged both of them affectionately and kissed both of their foreheads lightly.