•24•

Water dripped onto cold concrete flooring, echoing loudly throughout the abandoned warehouse lay on the outskirts of Seattle

Water dripped onto cold concrete flooring, echoing loudly throughout the abandoned warehouse lay on the outskirts of Seattle. A stifled groan joined the faint noise, chains rattling.

Joshua's head lulled about for a moment as he regained consciousness, his aching muscles twitching in protest as he moved. He forced his heavy eyes open, panicking and thinking he had gone blind when all he could see was a dark abyss.

"H-hello?" Josh called desperately, weakly. When he received no response, his head fell limply to look back at the floor. Mind ensnared by the worst terror he had ever felt in his life, tears streamed down his deathly pale face and he sobbed pathetically to himself. "Please...oh g–god. Where am I?"

He gasped, startled, cringing into himself as the pitch black room was filled with dull light, the creak of the door making his head pound. He tried to get up, but the chains that bound him to the chair beneath him prevented that. "What? who..."

His bleary eyes could just about make out the silhouette of a small person in the doorway; he was filled with hope that maybe he had been saved from this nightmare. It was dashed however, when a familiar high pitched child's voice met his ears.

"Would you quit yapping you pathetic human? It's bad enough that me and my brother are stuck with the task of guarding you, I'd rather not spend the rest of my time listening to you embarrass yourself."

He shivered as he realized who the voice belonged to...that little bitch Jane.

Past the point of caring who he had to beg to, he continued to cry and plead. "Please, you don't understand! I haven't done anything wrong, ple–"

"You've done nothing wrong?" Jane echoed. Her voice, while incredulous, was strangely calm. "Hmm, now that can't be true." She was patronizing him, toying with his mind.

"My Master would not keep you here if you were innocent. From what I have heard, your crime is that you've hurt my Mistress, a grave mistake to make."

What the hell was up with these people and their old way of speaking?