•09•

Nora lay engulfed by the soft sheets of the large bed; red puffy eyes staring emptily out of the large windows, face illuminated by the warm afternoon sun that battled with the softly falling rain

Nora lay engulfed by the soft sheets of the large bed; red puffy eyes staring emptily out of the large windows, face illuminated by the warm afternoon sun that battled with the softly falling rain. Despite her blank face her mind was racing with all the events of the last 24 hours. It was crazy to think that a couple of days ago she'd just been some oblivious normal girl trying to move on from a traumatic event- now a whole new world lay before her, filled with supernatural creatures and laws and...death.

Sighing heavily she turned to lay on her back, scoffing at the fact that even the ceiling was covered in intricate carvings. Who were these people trying to impress? Her mind wandered as she trailed her eyes over every crevice and perfect line. Last night had certainly been one of the most memorable of her life, I mean how many people were told they were the mate to three vampires? Admittedly she hadn't had the...best reaction to the news.

"You're our mate." Aro's eyes were alight with nerves. He even looked a bit sick if that could be possible. Had the situation been different she might have laughed at the sight of the regal man so wrought with worry.

She blinked hastily, trying hard to convince herself that this was some crazy dream and she was safe at home tucked away in her room. Persistently the three troubled men remained in front of her and she was forced to face reality.

This...this was just great. She knew realistically most girls might be thrilled at the news that they were literally destined to be with not one gorgeous man but three for the rest of their lives. Yeah, not her. This whole fucking day had been a nightmare from start to finish. She'd come to Italy with the expectation that they were going to stop Bella's dumbass suicidal boyfriend from offing himself, not end up in some twisted fairytale where vampires actually existed and apparently were madly into her.

"You're kidding, right?" Her voice broke at the end of her hopeful whisper, not that she cared right now. This had to be some sort of prank. Of course she knew now that vampires were real, there was no disputing that. Caius had fucking lifted a couch above his head with one hand like it weighed nothing for gods sake.