•20•

Nora's POV

Nora's POV

"Absolutely not! I will not allow it!"

I groaned, as did Marcus at Caius's scathing words. He was raging, pacing around Aro's office and nearly burning a hole in the floor with his expensive leather shoes.

"For fuck's sake! I told you this would be his reaction." I murmured angrily in Marcus's ear, whose response was simply to shrug and pull me tighter into his side, his hand that had been hanging loosely around my waist not so secretly wandering to brush against my thigh. After our um...rather exciting morning, it had taken me a while to be coaxed from my bed. I had no idea such activities made you so exhausted but I can definitely say it was worth it. More than worth it.

Anyway, Marcus had eventually convinced me that we needed to tell Aro and Caius about my going back to the States, something I was reluctant to do. It was no secret Caius was kind of a...drama queen, but I had still hoped due to his age, he'd be at least a little levelheaded.

I had been dead wrong.

I rolled my eyes, throwing my head back to rest on the back of the couch as he continued his little rant. "You are safer here with us! Why would you ever want to leave, especially to go back to that dingy little town where those disgusting vegetarian abominations reside. You could have anything you could ever want here, anything. I'd buy you all the clothes you could need, all of the jewels in the world, an island to name after yourself–hell, even the whole of Italy if you wished it! There is no reason for you to go!"

Growing fed up, I stood to my feet to intercept his aggravating pacing, pressing a firm hand against his chest. "Let's get some things straight here. One: I am not some object or prize that you can keep or hide away for eternity. Two, I don't want any of that! What I do want is to see my father."

He simply scoffed like that was the most ridiculous thing he'd ever heard, placing challenging eyes upon me as if he was daring me to go against him. well, I won't dissapoint then. "Oh, don't give me that look! This is all really rather simple Caius, or is your head so far up your own ass that you need me to spell it out for you? You do not control me!"