•22•

"So how does someone

"So how does someone...turn into a vampire?" Nora questioned with morbid curiosity, body lay across the large expanse of the bed as she relaxed, her chestnut hair loosely tumbling over the side.

Aro, hands stuffed in his pockets and body relaxed against the wall, stared out of the large window of their hotel room onto the street below. "It's a simple affair. Similar to the stories of vampires so popular amongst your kind, it is done with a bite–however, the actual turn is induced by our venom."

"Venom?" He nodded simply, pulling his bright red eyes from their observation of the streets of Seattle to smile at her upside down form in faint amusement. "Like a snake?!"

He thought it over for a moment, unable to come up with another comparison. "I...suppose so, yes."

Freaked out internally, Nora pretended to be cool with the fact that vampires were actually turning out to be a lot different then she expected. "Okay, well...how does it work though?"

"It is spread through your entire body by your heart, contaminating and replacing every single one of your cells. If the host is injured, the venom will repair any damage they may have suffered beforehand. The whole process normally takes around 2–3 days, by the end you are essentially frozen in that state, forever." He chuckled to himself as her jaw dropped, her eyes conveying how disturbed she was. "Why the sudden influx of questions, my darling?"

"Well I...never really got to ask this stuff, when I first met you all. I was too focused on trying to deal with everything that was happening, I mean it was all pretty overwhelming." He made a noise of agreement, moving from his position to turn his back to the window and face her fully. 'God, he looks good.'

He really did. As always he was decked out in a full suit, but the navy black color and pinstripe pattern worked in tandem with his alabaster skin and ebony hair, the matching waistcoat underneath accentuating his muscled torso. Man, she was lucky.

Getting back on track, she pretended she hadn't noticed the smug gleam in his eyes or the fact he had definitely seen her ogling him like he was a piece of meat. Picking at the skin around her fingers, her voice shook slightly. "The change, um...does it...hurt?"