•17•

Nora's pov

Nora's pov

"No no no no! That's not how you do it–just give it to me." I huffed, pacing towards Marcus. We were currently in the kitchen baking, or in Marcus's case, attempting to. Given the fact that he was a supposedly very old vampire who had no need to eat human food, he had absolutely appalling baking skills.

"How did you manage this?" I groaned, trying to salvage a decent batter for my brownies out of the gloopy mess Marcus had created.

"Clearly, you are far more skilled at this than I am." Peaking at him over my shoulder as I mixed, I fell into a fit of giggles. He was almost pouting at me–obviously dejected at having failed at the simple task I had set him.

"Does something amuse you, my love?" I jumped when his arms wound around my waist, his chin coming to rest on my shoulder. His cool breath against my skin left goosebumps in its wake; I shivered as he pressed his lips against my throat in a gentle kiss.

"No." I squeaked. Clearing my throat I tried to be as nonchalant as possible. "You definitely need some lessons from me though, I am the master of baking."

"Yes, and you're also incredibly humble aren't you?" He teased, laughing obnoxiously and stumbling back when I flicked the spoon at him.

Gasping loudly, I watched the clump of batter that had flown off the spoon in my hand land in his hair. With a nervous giggle I held it out in front of me like it was some sort of shield. "Okay...now let's not do anything drastic."

His eyes darkened to a deep scarlet and he stalked towards me looking all too much like the predator he truly was. His body loomed over mine and he trapped me against the counter, caging me in with his arms. "That wasn't very nice, was it amore?"

I squirmed, lifting my hands and pressing them against his firm chest, the deep and guttural tenor of his voice making my heart flutter and my body tingle. It didn't help that he was completely pressed against me, you'd be hard pressed to fit a piece of paper in between us. Grinning sneakily, he leaned down so he could whisper heatedly in my ear. "I think I ought to return the favor."