Chapter 13

Narrator: To this day no one has understood the urgent desires and heaving emotions within the young Britannian Lelouch. Despite his expectations for the final outcome, before he can go forward there was one more enemy Lelouch must confront. However this one is different from all others for this enemy is human nature itself. Hope and atonement, freedom and solitude, that mass of matter and energy known as the world keeps on flowing forward despite the desires of any one man.

In the past, 1997 a.t.b

V.V: Charles, have you learned anything by becoming emperor?

Charles: Yes, big brother. All people are liars. And this vast nation we call Britannia never changes.

V.V: That may be true. But it’s just human nature, isn’t it?

Charles: Perhaps you’re right about that.

V.V: Charles, you won’t forget, will you? Our contract?

Charles: I know. To kill God and smash this world of lies. But I'm still worried about a prophecy that came into my dream

VV: that dream an prophecy?

Charles: The prophecy says "When you succeed in controlling a third of the world in the future, then there will be a country that will become your worst enemy and you will not be able to defeat it, they are stronger than other nations. They will come to restore peace to your world and they are not from this world." That's what the prophecy says. Is there really another world besides this world?

VV: If there are I'll definitely tell you already, but I'm not sure if they exist or not

Charles: very well

Back to present time

Rolo: so, she already now... Damnit! I wish I can Geassed her in right time but those Father! Interfere me and he save Shirley

Lelouch: It's okay, there's no need to be concerned

Rolo: Exactly. And it isn’t just your secret anymore, brother?

Lelouch: True. So shall we destroy the Geass Order now? The Black Knights can wipe out the source of Geass once and for all.

Rolo: Big brother, we can’t! There are still Geass users there.

Lelouch: If we keep avoiding this we’ll never win. Remember this is for our happiness for both of us.

Rolo: For both of us?

Lelouch: That’s right. V.V. has begun to suspect you. Are you afraid of V.V?

Rolo: Well, he was the one who found me. Still, Lelouch, can I really believe in you?

Lelouch: Of course. We’re the only brothers we have, aren’t we?

Rolo: but... In the name of humanity, we cannot kill those the innocent, in fact we can send the German to negotiate out or take advantage from the Geass user and German can do that all, because they're can't be effected by Geass

Lelouch had to think again, but he would rather not kill the unarmed and innocent users of Geass to death, because indeed in the name of humanity, they could take advantage from them

Back to Taklamakan Dessert, Cornelia prison cell

Cornelia is locked up in prison, as the battle heats up outside

Cornelia: Are you going to kill me? Or control me with your Geass like you did to Euphie.

V.V: To prove your sister’s innocence, you renounced your position, gave up everything. That’s inspiring. You made me think, Cornelia, is there any more splendid relationship in this entire world than that of loyal siblings?