꧁ 𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚃𝚠𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚢: 𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝙲𝚞𝚛𝚜𝚎 𝚘𝚏 𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝚂𝚞𝚗 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝙼𝚘𝚘𝚗 ꧂

Start from the beginning

"Because vervain didn't affect the mayor on founders day but the Gilbert device did." Damon explained, "And it affected his son Tyler."

"And at the school carnival, his uncle Mason exhibited inhuman behavior when he fought one of the carnival workers." Stefan added, "It suggested some sort of a supernatural entity."

Alaric nodded in understanding, and Elena spoke up, "We were hoping that Isobel's research could help us figure out what it is."

"What they are." Skyler added, staring at Alaric curiously.

"Well, all of her things are still at Duke." Alaric cleared his throat, "I mean her office is still there. She's technically still missing."

"So can we get access to it?" Damon asked getting straight to the point. He never liked beating around the bush.

Alaric looked away uncertainly.

"Ric." Damon called, "We need to know what we're dealing with."

"Before they turn around and bite us on the next full moon." Skyler supplied helpfully.

"If this wolfman thing is true, I've seen enough movies to know it's not good." Damon continued, "It means that Mason Lockwood is a real-life Lon Chaney and that little Tyler punk may just very well be Lon Chaney Jr."

"Or Peter Hale 2.0." Skyler commented, "Hey do they have the whole alpha beta omega system too?" She asked curiously. She knew enough about werewolves— she knew they existed, what they could do, what she could do to stop them — what she didn't know was all the actually interesting bits.

"Which means," Damon continued glaring at his sister halfheartedly for interrupting him, "Bella Lugosi— meaning me —is totally screwed."

__________

Stefan knocks on Skyler's door as she sits on her bed reading a book — her journal, one from her human years. It was an interesting read considering Katherine was now back in their life and all her initial analysis of her being a bitch was correct just even worse than she expected.

Skyler's eyes snapped to the door that she had left open, at the same time she snapped her journal closed. Nobody needed to know she had journals of her whole life, especially not her brothers.

"I need a favor." Stefan told her as he entered the room.

Skyler let out a groan as she sat up, putting her journal on top of her nightstand, "What now?" She asked, dreading the answer already.

"Go with Damon and Elena to Duke." Stefan answered, "Just... keep an eye on them."

Skyler raised a brow at him, "What? Don't trust your girlfriend now?"

"I trust her, I don't trust Damon." Stefan responded.

She rolled her eyes, "Whatever, I'm not doing it."

"Come on, for me? Your favorite twin?" Stefan asked pulling out the puppy dog eyes he hasn't used on her since they were young — and human.

Skyler couldn't help but smile fondly at him, "You're my only twin."

"Exactly." He responded, "So will you do it?"