My magic had run its course, it had taken days of barely any sleep to get those damned bones carved. But it worked, with the blessing of the mother, I was able to get them all carved by the time this fight happened. Then was able to winnow into Prythian before it all began.

Feyre claimed, "Thank you, Kana, I know you didn't really want to get wrapped into all this fighting again."

I scoffed, "I'm only cleaning up my own mess." Shaking my head slightly, it was my ignorance that drug them all into this mess. If I had killed that damned King and his heirs while I had the chance we wouldn't be into this mess.

These people, fae, brothers, fathers, sisters, and mothers, wouldn't be about to get slaughtered. All of this, because of me. The Black Queen. Cas squeezed my shoulder again, I took deep breaths.

"Are you sure you are okay?" Cas whispered. I shook my head, "My magic is the cause for most of it, I'm prepared to summon about eighty soldiers.Then have over four hundred ghosts go full corp."

The Inner Circle blinked, almost in sync. It was horrifying how connected they all seemed to be. Rhys was the one who questioned, "What the fuck does any of that even mean?"

Darwyn shrugged, and offered, his head slightly tilted to the side. "I know that 'full corp' means she's going to give ghosts a corporeal form to fight alongside her. The summoning thing? Not a damn clue."

"You'll see." I answered, forcing my nerves to settle in the pit of my stomach. Rhysand nodded his head, gaze turning over every friend and family member. He was imprinting all their faces in his mind, just as the rest of us were doing as well. The High Lord of Night Court spoke, his arm wrapping around my sister. "Do you want the inspiring talk or the bleak one?"

"We want the real one." Amren said. ( Iconic )

Darwyn set a hand behind my head, kissing the top of my hair. No words were spoken between our dead silence. Yet my brother's eyes shined with promise and declaration. He winnowed away, to burn his targets, to come out on top.

Rhysand rolled his shoulders, his mate glancing up into his starry gaze. His wings elegantly tucked in tightly behind his back. "I believe that everything happens for a reason. Whether it is decided by the Mother," My marking hummed slightly, wanting me to speak for her.

Shoving the feeling down, my ears directed back to Rhysand. "Or the Cauldron, or some sort of tapestry of fate, I don't know. I really don't care." but I am grateful for it, whatever it is. Grateful that it brought all fo you into my life. If it hadn't... I might have become as awful as that prick we are going to face today. If I had not met an Illyrian warrior in training," The High lord swallowed and said to Cassian. "I would not have known the truth depths of strength, of resilience, of honor and loyalty."

The General's eyes were gleaming with a bright light, almost as bright as Velaris on the darkest night. Rhys turned, and spoke to Azriel, the Spymaster, "If I had not met a shadowsinger, I would not have known that it is the family you make, not the one that you are born into, that matters. I would not have known what it is to truly hope even when the world tells you to despair." Azriel bowed his head in thanks.

Mor was already crying, tears streaming down her face, when Rhysand spoke to her. "If I had not met my cousin, I would have never learned that light can be found in even the darkest of hells. That kindness can thrive even amongst cruelty." She nodded and wiped away her tears.

All of us seemed to pause, waiting for Amren to offer a retort. But she only waited.

Rhysand bowed his head to her. "If I had not met a tiny monster who hoards jewels more fiercely than a firedrake..." We all laughed quietly at that. Rhysand smiled softly, "My own power would have consumed me long ago."