🌘 Ep.8: Irrational Treasure 🌘

Magsimula sa umpisa

"DEAD TO ME!!!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Here-ye here-ye!!" Sheriff Blubs began to speak on the stage, "Ye olde commencement ceremony is about to commence!!"

"Woo!!! I got a bell!!!" Deputy Durland added, ringing the bell around.

A lady behind us then yelled as someone else ran through the crowed, "Oh no, police, my purse!!"

Durland stared at the lady for a while, then rang the bell some more, "Ring ring!!! Ring ring!!!"

Blubs simply chuckled, "He sure loves his bell.."

"I'll be right back," I heard (y/n) say before walking out of the crowd, to which I was confused by, but didn't question.

Something else had grabbed my attention anyway. Something softly tapped the mic, and on stage was now a familiar blonde speaking, "Howdy, everyone! You all know me, Pacifica Northwest, great great granddaughter of town founder Nathaniel Northwest. I'm also very rich."

Everyone applauded, for whatever reason, before she continued, "Now if you got the pioneer spirit, we asked you to come on up and introduce yourself!"

Mabel gasped in delight, "Audience participation!"

"I dunno, Mabel, isn't that girl kinda like your arch enemy?"

"That's water under the bridge!"

She ran up to the stage, with Pacifica introducing her, "Our first newcomer is-!" Her expression quickly shifted into a glare, "Mabel.."

"Yeah!! Let's get this Pioneer Day started!!" Mabel blew a raspberry, "Right guys?! USA!!! USA!!!"

"USA!!! USA!!!" Everyone chanted along, as well as a guy who got very sentimental over it.

But of course, Pacifica just couldn't let it slide, "I'm sorry to break it to you, but Pioneer Day is for serious people, and you look and act ridiculous," she pointed at her sweater, "I mean a puppy playing basketball? Are you always this silly?"

Mabel seemed to take it to heart, folding her sweater so the design wouldn't show, "Hey, I can be serious!"

"You do have nachos hanging from your ears, hun."

Holding her earrings, her face grew red with embarrassment, Pacifica turning to the crowd, "Wow, I'm embarrassed for you. Give her a hand, everybody!!"

Everyone applauded once more, with Mabel walking off the stage in shame. I quickly chased after, finding her sitting at the steps of a statue of Nathaniel Northwest.

She was eating butterscotch, head low as she stared at the ground. It was a rare sight to see her so defeated, I didn't know what to do..

"Whoa, what happened to you two?" (y/n)'s voice was heard, seeing him walking over.

"I could ask you the same thing."

"I was getting that lady's purse back, what happened while I was gone?"

"Ah.." I rubbed the back of my neck, "Pacifica ended up embarrassing Mabel in front of the crowd.."