46. DEATH'S DOOR.

Elena's POV:

I throw my knife in the air. It whooshes towards a particular brat who is hell-bent on tormenting me. The knife grazes his neck as a trail of blood runs down his neck.

"Ouch."

"Say that again, I'll stab your throat."

Despite my threat, he shifts closer, wrapping his arm around my shoulder. My glare hardens. I swear, I already have enough troubles and now this brat, who is supposed to help us is trying to flirt with me. God, this kid really need to understand everything in the world is not attainable. And I am off limits.

"My girlfriend usually gets cranky in the morning," He chuckles, playacting the role which no one asked for. I grimace. Is his head alright? He needs a doctor. And how dare he call me his girlfriend?! I feel like I just threw up in my mouth.

"Get. Your. Hand. Off. Her."

I glance at Alex to see him seethe in anger. His usually composed self seemed to be agitated over something. Jason beside me gave him a keen look.

"Alexander Esposito? I am a big fan, sir!"

"Appreciated. Now, get your hand off her."

Jason was too stunned to speak. I roll my eyes and elbow him, which helps in getting rid of his filthy five fingered hand off me. I fix him with a glare. My glare is usually threatening enough to scare everyone into obedience, but this particular brat knows that I need him to lend me information about the dark dragons and I can't lay a finger on him. And he's enjoying that a lot.

"Just because I need your help doesn't mean you get to behave like this. Act respectfully or be killed."

"God, you're scaring me," He pretends to be afraid as he trembled. I take a deep breath and let it out. Control Elena. You have seen worse. You can bear some bratty youngster just fine.

"Jason is here to help us with our mission," I look at everyone. Liam and Ben were giving Alex a funny look. What's up with these boys, now?

"How is he gonna help?" Gwen asked.

"He's a dragon."

The next second, everyone grabbed their guns as they pointed it at Jason. Jason was no less. He got hold of me and grabbed his own knife as he held it to my neck.

I give him a look. "Seriously?"

"Ask your team to lower their weapons, darling."

Gross.

"You know, she is capable of breaking your wrist and escaping with ease," Ben stated, his gun pointed straight to Jason's chest.

"Oh, I do. But she hasn't broken my wrist yet, so what do you think that means?"

"Everyone lower your weapons right now."

Hearing my command, everyone gradually brought their guns down. Alex seemed unusually reluctant. Jason pulls his knife away from my neck. I sigh as I start speaking once again.

"When we reach back to the agency, I'll explain everything."

"This is ridiculous! What is he of use to us? He'll be more of a problem than of a solution," Gwen grumbled.

My mind takes me back to yesterday's events when I had so many doubts on Gwen. But this morning, she accompanied Ben to my room and explained everything. How it all started. How she's related to Alfredo and how she is still possessive about the disk. Though I explained to her that disk would be safer with me, she countered how it has been safe all these years. So I agreed to let her have it for now until we don't come to a better conclusion.