14. WHAT'S A PASSPOT?

Elena's POV:

"Lords, ladies and gentlemen. I heard there was a bit of trouble in your mission and now, Agent fifty is all suit up to help you out of the danger and save the world once again."

I look up to see Gwen enter the house with two water guns pointing upwards, which Ben specifically asked her to bring and a messenger bag thrown across her shoulder. She has yet to notice the kids.

"Now, pray tell me, what could be the trouble in such fine house? Is there-Argh!" She stopped speaking when she saw Mike looking at her and the next second, without thinking twice, she pulled the gun on him and...

Bam.

Water sprayed out. Thank God Ben asked her not to bring guns with bullets. I guess he knew something like this would happen. Mike laughed and brought his hand up and made a gun out of his fingers and pointed at Gwen.

"Pew pew." He mimicked her actions.

Gwen had similar expression like how we did when chief asked us to go on this mission. Her eyes met Ben, who walked towards her.

"Gwendy..."

"I am sorry. Wrong address. I will be leaving," She said and quickly turned away to run back to agency. Ben quickly stops her.

"Gwen please, we need your help with that monster."

"What makes you think that I will be good at that job? Do I look like a mom of ten?"

"Oh come on. Our lives are residing on you. You can't abandon us. What if we die?"

Exaggeration.

"Then die. I'll make sure the funeral is great and elite. Now, goodbye and good luck."

She turns away but stops when Ben starts speaking.

"What if we make a deal?"

She turns around and narrows her eyes on him. After ten seconds of silence, she nods.

"I am listening."

"If you help me out with that one," He points at Mike who is trying to break Maria's princess castle and Maria tries to stop him by pulling his hair out, "I'll do you a favor. Anything you want. But slavery and debit card is out of the equation."

"I guess we have a deal then," She says, pushing her hand forward for a shake. Ben shakes her hand.

After their little chitchat, they walk in. Mila thought it was a great time to let Gwen know she is also alive and started crying. Gwen went static before she looked at the screaming child with extraordinary lungs.

"Can you hold her Ben, I'll grab her formula," Alex asked. Ben pushes Gwen forward, who snapped out of her static posture and turned around. She threw a nasty glare at him which said 'Come back to the agency, I'll roast you alive with pepper and salt and feed it to hungry lions'.

"She will." In spite of the threatening glare, Ben ignored with that comment.

Gwen gingerly sat on the sofa, placed pillows around her, just in case if she drops the child. Alex slowly passes the crying child. Surprisingly, she held the child just fine.

Alex got up and walked away to the kitchen. The child was still crying but not at high frequency.

"Please shut up. I beg you. Please. My ears will fall off," Gwen says, half-whining of her situation she got trapped in. In addition to not lash out her frustrated on the infant, she bangs her head continuously on the headrest of the couch. Ben places his hand under her head to stop it.