8. YOU TRAPPED US.

Elena's POV:

"What?"

"You gotta be kidding!"

"I am out."

"Why am I depromoted?"

"Thank god, I was scared if it was going to be something worse," Alex said.

"IT IS WORSE!!" the whole team screams at him. He raises his hand up in surrender. Why is Alex so naive? Does he not understand the inevitable brain damage we can get from babysitting?

It might seem like exaggeration but it's not.

Why would dad do this to us? Is he trying to get back for what I did in the past? But we made amends right?

And babysitting?

CHILDREN?

Definitely not.

"Whether you like it or not, you don't have a choice," Chief says in an airy way. He is definitely enjoying this. My team tends to be the best in all activities and calm during tough times but now, we look like brainless maniacs.

"You trapped us," I say pointing my accusing index finger at him. How could I be so dumb? I can't believe I signed an agreement with him!

"You don't say," he acts surprised. I glare.

"Uh, sorry for interrupting but I think you're overreacting Elle. It's just kids, they are not gonna-" he doesn't get to complete his sentence as the rest of the team assault him with whatever is within their reach.

"Enough agents!!" we quite down when we hear chief's booming voice. Sometimes we get so carried away that we fails to realise we are sitting in front of chief. "What is this? A playground?"

"We are not going on this mission. Period," I say. I get up from the seat and walk towards the exit. The rest of the team is still contemplating if they should get up, afraid if chief would say anything.

"I think you remember what happens if you terminate the contract, don't you Eighteen?" Dad asks calmly.

Urgh! Is he really playing that card?

"I don't think you would risk losing some of your best agents, would you chief? And above all, two of your children work in this team. You won't throw us out."

To my absolute shock, it was Jennifer who said that to chief. All of us are static like statue. This girl got some guts. Jennifer can be the quite one but let me tell you, agency changed her life. She takes her job so seriously like I do get surprised at times.

Give this girl a medal for standing up against chief.

"Oh I can," Dad says grabbing hold of another set of sheets. "And I will," he says passing the sheet to Jennifer. She looks at the paper, her eyes widens. We can clearly see the color drain out of her face.

Liam gets up from his seat and walks towards her. He looks over her shoulder and reads the paper. Now, they both look like they saw some ghost.

"And about my children being in the same team," I and Ben turn our eyes at him, "I couldn't care less. They can earn their own living," he says casually. It doesn't really affect me but Ben seems to have an actual heart attack this time.

"What? Am I gonna live on the streets now? Nooo," he fake cries. I roll my eyes. He seems no less than a baby.

"What does that paper say?" I ask Jen, my attention turning back towards her.

She turns the paper towards me. I read the bold letters as my eyes widens.

Resignation form.