Part 8

- Mika -

(Three months later)

We came out of hiding. I gained so much knowledge and power. When Pein allowed freedom, I took off, heading for the flowery fields. People said water+sand=mud but yet my water ninja made my defense strong. Tobi followed after me.

"Mika," he yelled.

I slammed on the breaks. Out in the field was Kakashi, Naruto, and Sakura. Tobi stopped too. I noticed the odd way Kakashi was studying us. Looking at the tree line, I saw Kisame, Deidara, Itachi, Sasori, and Hidan standing there, keeping a watchful eye. I looked at Tobi. He started laughing.

"Kakashi, it's been so long!" I watched him raise a hand and remove his mask. Tobi was smiling.

Kakashi stared at Tobi in shock. "You're alive?!"

"You were a great teacher."

The air went silent. My clan moved closer to me and I noticed Zetsu coming out of the ground. The air beneath my feet rumbled until giant sand spikes were set protectively around my clan. I watched Gaara and two other leaf ninjas walked up. Gaara's arms were crossed and an emotionless mask was set over his face.

"How do we fight her," Sakura asked. "She's too powerful!"

Gaara stared daggers at me. "She can mimic a ninja's fighting style."

Kakashi nodded, studying me. "Don't directly attack her. She seems to only learn from direct fighting. If she already fights like her team member's fight, then that means they purposely fight her to make her strength grow."

Gaara looked at my team. "But be careful. She can create a clone."

Sakura nodded, getting into battle stance. "No direct fighting. Careful of clone."

Gaara's jaw clenched. "I'll fight Mika."

Then it began. They advanced and I stretched my sand to protect my clan. Attacking with only my sand was hard. I'm usually running and attacking.

- Gaara of the Sand -

I stretched my sand towards her, forgetting the power she held. Sand wrapped around my ankle, dragging me to her.

- Mika -

I punched his face rapidly. My anger against him coursing through. So much pain! Then I heard Itachi grunt. I looked up and saw him injured on the ground. I trapped Gaara by creating a clone to keep him in one spot.

Running through the fight, weaving through flying fists, I made my way to Itachi. His energy had been drained to almost none, but there were no open wounds. His Sharingan eyes looked at me and his fingers touched my cheek.

"Didn't your brothers tell you to stay back," he asked.

I laughed. "But you got hurt."

He smiled. "Oh right."

"I'm going to put you in a protective dome until this is over."

I created a dome and felt a fist against my jaw.

- Kakashi -

"STOP!!!!" My team stopped. I watched as the entire Akatsuki clan moved to surround Mika. "Don't go any further! She got hit, signalling them to form a protective bubble!"

I had never seen the Akatsuki act this way. Never before had I seen them protect someone they way they are now. What was so special about Mika? As if it was obvious, I saw it. I wouldn't have been able to tell if I wasn't looking. On her hand was a branding: Pein. My jaw clenched. He branded her like his greatest weapon and told them to protect her. She was taken in and given power by Pein! He taught her how to extract sand from the ground and ordered the others to fight her so she could gain ultimate strength! His greatest weapon! He's been harvesting her true power while waiting for the time to unleash it. The Akatsuki disappeared for three months and it now seems she's gotten stronger. Over the course of the three months, he must have been giving her more power. This small team I have won't be enough. I'll need more people!

"We're leaving," I said. Naruto tried to argue but I hit him.

- Mika -

My clan watched them leave before giving me a little space. I broke the dome.

"Itachi," I said. He opened his eyes. "Come on."

He stood up, a little wobbly but able to walk. Tobi put his mask on and we headed back to the hideout. Itachi fell asleep. I went over to Tobi and hung out with him. Deidara was making 'art' even though he could blow us up. Kisame was doing something.

- Kakashi -

I went back to the leader and explained everything. She looked worried.

"He doesn't usually act this way," she said. "He's got a plan, and we have to figure it out. I trust you to come up with a powerful team."

I nod and walk out.

- Mika -

"What's wrong," I asked.

Pein looked at me. "Have you been practicing it?" I nod. "Show me. They'll be coming soon and your brothers won't be able to fight alone."

I nod again. Closing my eyes, I pressed my palms together. I focused all of my energy through my body into my hands. My eyes snapped open. Pulling my palms apart, sand swirled around me in a giant twister. My feet left the ground, riding on the top of the twister. Using only my mind, I extracted the sand from the ground and formed it into deadly spikes. I slid my left foot to the side, moving the twister in that direction.

"BRILLIANT," Pein yelled over the roar of the twister.

- Kakashi -

We were heading after the Akatsuki when I saw them standing around Mika in the same field from before. Some of them were smiling. I watched Mika press her hands together and every member move far out the way. The ground shook violently and a sand twister formed underneath Mika's feet. More sand came out the ground, forming into deadly spikes. So this is what he's been teaching her?! Her feet moved and the twister came rumbling towards us. We all tried to dodge out of the way, but the other clan members were there waiting. They defeated us. We were in a bloody and brutal state. We had no choice but to return home. How was she getting stronger?!