Part 5

- Mika -

Itachi took my cloak and draped it over his shoulder. The trees blocked everyone in the village from seeing us.

"You'll be near when I get another mission, right," I asked.

He nodded and tapped my forehead. I smiled and fixed his collar to cover everything but his eyes.

"Stay in the trees. Everyone is scared of you." He fixed one of my pigtails. "Good. I have to go."

I kissed his forehead and walked away. At the edge of the trees, I turned to look at him again, but he was gone. I smiled and skipped over to Gaara.

- Gaara of the Sand -

Mika sat on the windowsill, silently staring out the window. "Why didn't you help me on that night ten years ago?"

"I couldn't." I stared at her. "They held me back. No one knows where that group lives. I would've come for you if I knew."

"For ten years..." She brought her knees up, hugging them to her chest.

"Mika?"

"For ten years I trained and fought with elite ninjas. Becoming a master weapon. The leader molded me into the ideal female elite ninja. Said female elite ninjas were rare, and that he was going to show every clan his power." She looked at me, glistening tears falling down her cheeks. "And then he allowed me to watch the Sand clan since that's my home town. Let Kisame watch with me since he thought Kisame and I were a good pair. I watched you grow up, feeling the shredded connection slowly healing. Then I met Sasuke. He works with Orochimaru. Sasuke hates his brother Itachi."

"How do you know so much?"

She laughed shortly. "I'm a Akatsuki! And I don't belong here! Out there is my home! Teaming with the elite and fighting the ones who test us!"

Mika stormed out and I followed her to the gates. The guards opened the gates and Mika stormed through the gates.

"I know you two are out there," she yelled. "Come out!"

Her wrists moved in twisted motions, causing the sand at her feet to twist and bend in the air. A man that resembled a shark and Itachi walked out.

"Mika," the shark man said, "what is it?"

So they were always there! Mika hiccupped in her tears and started running towards Itachi. Itachi grabbed her before she could fall to the sand and create a tomb and herself.

"We are going to take her home," Kisame said.

"This is her home!"

- Mika -

Itachi put my cloak around my shoulders and I turned to face Gaara. A sick and twisted smile on my face. Gaara stared at me.

"You may have accepted me," I said, "but when were you going to realize that I was always staring out the window? The Akatsuki are my brothers. You could have been. All you had to do was show the village that you, too, had the sand gift." I lifted my hands at my sides, creating sand pillars underneath my fingertips. "You think you're an elite?! I'LL SHOW YOU AN ELITE SAND NINJA!!!!"

Thrusting my hands forwards, the sand pillars jetted towards Gaara. I watched as my sand hit a hard protection dome.

"I've studied you, Gaara of the Sand!" I smiled as I located the dome's weak spots. "For ten long years, I learned and studied how you use your gift! Now, I'm going to use it against you! I'm the only one that can bend! Have you forgotten that already?! That dome can protect you from others, but I'm not others!"

- Gaara of the Sand -

I felt helpless as I watched the hard sand slowly fall away. The walls were crumbling, jets of powerful sand was coming from all directions, and my steel mask was melting. Things weren't going to end well. Mika had just gained too much power. Was this going to be where my life ends? Is this how my legacy ends?