Chapter 29 - "Good Night-Morning"

Percy gulped.

"Excuse me? Did you just call me... Blue?"

"Priscilla, drop the act. I know you're Maelstrom."

Percy sighed, before getting up off the bed. She began walking towards Jason, while eyeing a small knife she had near her bag. 

She suddenly lunged for the knife, only for it to be taken by Jason first.

"Well, that proves it."

"What do you want Red? You can't tell anybody. Please."

"I'm not planning on doing that. I'll keep your secret. We're... buddies, after all."

"I don't buy that. I need incentive."

"I can't give you anything but my word, but please, believe me."

Percy sighed, crossing her arms.

"OK. How did you find out?"

"Well, you guys have stuff in common. You both like cookies, both do martial arts, both like baking, both have black hair, both have missing mothers...erm, sorry that last one might be a bit insensitive-"

"No, it's alright. Is that all? You must've done a big bit of guessing."

"I saw your streak last night. Your white hair, from the lazarus pit. And.. you called me red. And you knew how to stitch up bullet wounds. It's too big of a coincidence. Not to mention you just happened to go missing when Maelstrom came out tonight. Me confronting you today was just... confirmation."

"You truly are smart. I underestimated your capabilities."

"Most do." Jason chuckled, "So what's going on? Why are you here? You're not after Bruce right? You said that you were an ally to us..."

"You really can't tell anybody this. Please. It's kind of a secret. Not many people know about it."

"Yeah, I won't tell, I swear." Jason said with an encouraging smile.

"I'm... Talia's niece. My mother is her sister. She ran away from the Al Ghuls because she was pregnant with me, and didn't want me to have anything to do with the league. Not that it ended up that way, anyways... Uh, right. I was born away from the family. When I found out she was missing, the NYPD did a DNA test and Talia showed up. As some business woman who had expertise in making and selling weapons for the military. Some cover story, I know. Yeah, so then I went to stay with her. I learnt martial arts from her, and i was inducted into the league. I'm not against their morals. I just think that death is reserved for the baddest. Not the simple petty thieves, but, you know. Evil people. I went on a couple missions, but on one of them, I got stuck in a rather precarious situation. That's when I died. Talia revived me, of course, but I had spent too much time away from school, so i needed to be transferred. SO I transferred to Gotham Academy. I knew that Damian was my cousin, and Tim just happened to be in my class. SO I thought, I could try to get to know Damian a bit. See how he's doing. Cus he's family, you know? However, Talia wanted me to get a job, which meant that I would be really busy and wouldn't be able to see Tim or Damian, but then i found out that Wayne Manor was hiring a partial time Butler apprentice to help Alfred. It seemed perfect. So here I am." Percy said, slightly out of breath.

Jason stayed silent through majority of her story, only nodding his head as he began to understand how Percy had come to the Wayne Manor.

"Oh, and one more thing- my name isn't Priscilla, it's Perseus. I just got a fake name for school cus Talia was paranoid. And Perseus Jackson may have had a bit of a history with bad guys... I was kidnapped and a part of a nation wide manhunt when I was twelve. And people thought I blew up St. Louis's Arch. When it was really that old lady. But I'm innocent, I swear!" Percy said, raising her hands as Jason arched an eyebrow.